41-year-old man dies, drowning after his sedan plunges into a canal in Chonburi

snoop1130

278143927_1169054350533111_461291377404847510_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Mueang Chon Reporter

A 41-year-old man has died after his sedan plunged into a canal in the Panat Nikhom district earlier this week.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident in Soi Nong Praw 21 in the Mon Nang sub-district over the past weekend.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The first responders arrived at the scene to find the sedan floating in the canal. The driver, Mr. Prasit, 41, from Nakhon Ratchasima, had been moved from the sedan by local residents and rescue team members. He was unconscious. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later tragically pronounced dead, with the cause being drowning while trapped inside the vehicle.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/12/41-year-old-man-dies-drowning-after-his-sedan-plunges-into-a-canal-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-12

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

[ However, police are continuing their investigation to find the exact cause of the accident. ] 

Start with a blood alcohol test !!! 

I find that I only drive off the road when I’m so blind drunk that I can’t see where I’m going or fall asleep at the wheel…. ????

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

"He may have been unfamiliar with the roads in that area"  Strange that I have driven on many many unfamiliar roads in many countries a lot were unsealed and in the UK with ice and snow, and never ended up off the road. But I took my test in the UK not in Thailand.  

In your case as in mine it is called being a competent driver. Not a lot here in country. My wife and daughter drive but I have taught them how to drive safely which they do.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, snoop1130 said:

He was unconscious. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later tragically pronounced dead, with the cause being drowning while trapped inside the vehicle.

unconscious/ dead,  chicken/ egg