CRV resale value.

I want  renew my CRV, the old one was bought exactly 7 years ago is a 2.4 E 2WD, 75000km. I intend to put it on the market at 699999 with a lowest price of 650000, does that sound reasonable.

Also I am unsure about the model year, would that be a 2015 or 2016, where can I find that?

The insurance company you are insured with can give a valuation seeing as they would have to pay out on write-off. 

The year of manufacturing info is within your chassis number. 

The year for on the road register is in the blue book. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The insurance company you are insured with can give a valuation seeing as they would have to pay out on write-off. 

The year of manufacturing info is within your chassis number. 

The year for on the road register is in the blue book. 

Assuming the OP is fully insured, wouldn't that value be stated in the OP's insurance policy ?

I think slightly optimistic.

Saw one yesterday, white, 90k km. 7 years old for 565k from a Toyota Sure.

If you're going to get another Honda, try going to the original dealer you bought it from to chop it in, you may be surprised what they offer you.

As an example, we went to look at a new Fortuner and as we bought our last car there the dealer would give us 100k off the sticker price straight away.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

As stated, look at your 'insured' value, and you'll should get 10 or 15% +/- above or below that, depending on condition & kms. 

15k-20k kms per year is about average, many drive less, but most warranties figure 20k a year.   Our car came with 5yr/100k kms warranty.  We average a bit less than that per year, with no commutes, but lots of out & abouts to make up for it.

Agree, anything over 600k seems very optimistic.

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Versus wildly optimistic high valuations

Well, 2020 A1 insurance valuation was 860k, 2021 was 820k, this year's will be known next week. So my 699k asking price would be too low.????.

I think I am going to stick to it, based @RafPinto's input ad the fact that I can keep bargaining for 3 or 4 months without problem. We'll find out when it gets sold. BTW we have one retire teacher who is interested right now but Honda won't be able to get us an S model before end of June as the have mostly AWD models on stock.

Thanks to all anyway.

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Versus wildly optimistic high valuations

Well when you have a new vehicle at let's say 1.8M and insurance values it at 1.4M after one year with 20K on the clock, that's a fair valuation in your opinion?

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Well when you have a new vehicle at let's say 1.8M and insurance values it at 1.4M after one year with 20K on the clock, that's a fair valuation in your opinion?

Actually when we got our old CRV we paid close to 1.6M, but the insurance refused to value it any higher than 1.2M, take it or leave it. Maybe our mistake was to pay it cash. [No finance company involved in the insurance process]. Anyhow they dropped the numbers very conservatively in the subsequent years.

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Actually when we got our old CRV we paid close to 1.6M, but the insurance refused to value it any higher than 1.2M, take it or leave it. Maybe our mistake was to pay it cash. [No finance company involved in the insurance process]. Anyhow they dropped the numbers very conservatively in the subsequent years.

Yeah, maybe it's just the initial year.

I've insured plenty of cars and big bikes here and the 'write off' value mentioned on insurance policy is nothing like what a realistic value is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yeah, maybe it's just the initial year.

I've insured plenty of cars and big bikes here and the 'write off' value mentioned on insurance policy is nothing like what a realistic value is.

I'm not so sure with Roojai our year truck is insured for a higher price that I see advertised, that said if it was written off I guess they still make an offer. ????

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not so sure with Roojai our year truck is insured for a higher price that I see advertised, that said if it was written off I guess they still make an offer. ????

I know of several instances where they refused to write off cars, which stayed then under repair for six months or more, without any compensation for the vehicle's immobilisation.

47 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I know of several instances where they refused to write off cars, which stayed then under repair for six months or more, without any compensation for the vehicle's immobilisation.

Yes that happened to me and although talk from many saying  the truck being a write-off I didn't think it was and it was fixed up OK. 

I guess many not familiar with motor trade repairs would be concerned. 

I couldn't claim car hire with the 1st class policy we had because it was my fault.