Thai resorts

overherebc

Just now, Sparktrader said:

I never met a Thai person that prefers western food unless they grow up in west.

Indian restaurants are mostly full of Indians.

You are wrong again most indian restaurants are full of western so are the chinese ones and no my wife is born in Thailand so is my nephew and many Thai friends

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

The main problem is Thai hotel sites. They get updated about once every 3 years sometimes longer. Often dont answer emails.

You have to call them.

The exception is foreign chain owned ones.

The whole point is if you haven't got it for sale don't advertise it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Its just food, not a war or cancer. If I stay at a hotel and dont like the food I dont eat there. A lot of drama over a meal.

Its not the end of the world, agreed.....   BUT, if the Op has chosen the hotel based its advertising he was misled. 

What if the pool was closed, would you suggest he swim at the hotel up the road ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:
1 hour ago, overherebc said:

The whole point is if you haven't got it for sale don't advertise it.

Like I said websites out of date. This isnt a new thing. Thai hotels famous for being out of date.

Next time call them.

So the website can advertise that it has free beer for happy hour, then when you get there they just say... oh.. website is out of date.... 

You are still missing the point... Its false advertising, its clumsy. 

We can expect the poor standards from a lower ranked hotel, from a better hotel we pay to avoid these disappointments. 

So the question really is, what standard of hotel was it? one were its cheap and 4 or 5 start standards are not expected?... Or is it one where by the hotel was chose because certain standards are expected ?

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So the website can advertise that it has free beer for happy hour, then when you get there they just say... oh.. website is out of date.... 

You are still missing the point... Its false advertising, its clumsy. 

We can expect the poor standards from a lower ranked hotel, from a better hotel we pay to avoid these disappointments. 

So the question really is, what standard of hotel was it? one were its cheap and 4 or 5 start standards are not expected?... Or is it one where by the hotel was chose because certain standards are expected ?

No you missing the point. Ive been going for 20 years. Very often websites out of date.

Simply call them

1 Do you have western food?

2 is the pool working?

Not that difficult to make a phone call.

The other option is to check out and find another hotel. Or ask before check in do you have western food? If not dont check in it that important.

Given covid you dont know.

Whats the point of complaining on the web? What we going to do? We dont run the hotel.

Anyone who lives in Thailand should know their websites are often out of date. I knew that 20 years ago.

Edited by Sparktrader

I endeavour to book a resort with an ample (buffet) breakfast where there's likely to be some items (fresh fruit & eggs, great if there's bacon & beans) that don't require a taste for Thai food.

Breakfast at the resort is enough resort food as far as I'm concerned. I take other meals elsewhere.

The thing is to book a resort that lies within walking distance of restaurants or street food. In touristy areas street food is not Thai food only. You'll find meat skewers or fish that will do for proteins without stuffing yourself with spices. Thai food tends to be 90% spices and 10% straightforward nutrients.