TM30 - Changed Condo, new TM30?

1 hour ago, aldriglikvid said:

Oh, darn. The owner went back to the states and he hasn't done it as well. What documents do I need to report it? Does it help, at all, if I bring my previous TM30 in original form? 

From the landlord you will need copies of:

- The signed lease (with both his and your signatures)

- Your landlord's ID or Passport

- Your landlord's household registration book (Tabien Baan) or a copy of their title/deed to the property

From you, copies of:

- Your passport photo page

- Your current visa

- Your arrival stamp

- Your TM6 Departure Card (it doesn't need to be filled out, just needs the stamp on it)

- The completed TM30 form

The last time I did a TM30 filing (about 2 months ago) I was asked for every one of those documents above.  Previous times I didn't need the Tabien Baan or title/deed, but this last time it was required.

Note that they could fine you for filing it late (it's actually your landlord's responsibility to file it and the fine is technically his to pay, but since you'll you'll be the one sitting there.....).  I wouldn't expect them to fine you, but if they do there won't be any point in arguing.

Your previous TM30 isn't needed, but hey... never hurts to bring it!

When you personally do a TM-30, sign as POSSESSOR, take all UTILITY deposit receipts and RENTAL AGREEMENT that is IN YOUR NAME - has worked for me 3 times in 9.years.

Should be done within 24 hours of moving.

NOTE: What works in one office might not work in another office, depends on office policy and the IO you deal with. ( Some offices use a TM-28 in place (???) of a TM-30.  TM-28 was discarded 2 years ago )

Did one in Korat 3 months ago, done in 6 minutes with no problems with documents noted in my post. I  am on retirement extension.

33 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Yes you need a TM 30.  From my experience some owners and agents don’t want to be bothered.  

True.

Honestly, before signing any lease with a landlord, I make sure I've got a good copy of the  landlord's ID or Passport, and a copy of their household registration book or title/deed to the property.

With those in hand (and a signed copy of the lease) I don't need to worry about having a flaky landlord who can't be bothered!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

True.

Honestly, before signing any lease with a landlord, I make sure I've got a good copy of the  landlord's ID or Passport, and a copy of their household registration book or title/deed to the property.

With those in hand (and a signed copy of the lease) I don't need to worry about having a flaky landlord who can't be bothered!

Yes, and with scanned copies of those documents you can register online to do notifications yourself (same as hotels do), though maybe not as useful now as when a new notification was required every time you returned after having been abroad, but could also be handy if you have foreign friends or family staying with you.

• Like 1