COVID-19: Thailand reports 124 deaths, 16,994 new coronavirus cases, 25,910 recoveries

webfact

COV18.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (April 18) reported 16,994 new COVID-19 cases, 25,910 recoveries and 124 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 4,046,953 with 27,006 deaths.

The news comes as the Ministry of Public Health and related agencies are preparing for a sharp rise in COVID-19 transmissions as people return from the long Songkran holiday break.

According to Government Spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, health officials have been tasked with maintaining readiness in anticipation of new COVID clusters.

The National Health Security Office (NHSO) has meanwhile expanded its hotline capacity to better dispense advice and receive more calls requesting assistance with treating COVID patients after the holiday period.**

**NNT contributed to this report

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update18APR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Only time will tell where we go from here as now tge majority have returned home from where they went to for the Songkran week.  

Roads were busy starting early this morning from my vantage point here in Sathorn.  Will see what the week after Songkran bri gs as far as possible new rules for workers.

• Like 2

Just been informed by HR that one of my staff tested positive yesterday.

I'd imagine the numbers will start to spike this week as factories etc. test their workers on their return to work. Everyone in my office is being tested at 9am ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deaths will probably rise.  Then, the first week of May there are 3 more holidays probably another week off traveling for people. ????

I have never seen a place with so many holidays.  On one hand,  people traveling spending money etc.  But, also just building up debt which I believe is at record highs.

Holidays are nice but what about a happy medium and productivity?  This country sometimes seems to lack some motivation to get the job done, just waiting for the next holiday.  

• Thanks 1

Hooray hang out the flag.... less new cases again....Tomorrow again less cases so we are prepared for the triple numbers next week... It will be around 35.000 inculded ATK tests... On 1st of May no enter restrictions anymore..... The Government did a good job.... 

But who will be believe this????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

This country sometimes seems to lack some motivation to get the job done, just waiting for the next holiday.  

With this heat and humidity I would feel the same way were I not retired.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Two of my staff tested postive themselves out of concern for family and office during the holiday. Reported for PCR tests in hospitals and confirmed infected. Not all people are irresponsible. 

I would think most employees would chose to test this week and have sick leave.

Obviously positives should be self-isolating and without strong symptoms they were able to do so at home during holidays, rather then bother health service at that time.

Some poorer strata would report immediately in expectation of some handouts (daily food), but better of and employed would wait a few days.

A miniscule increase from 171 cases reported on 16th.

Health officials on Sunday (April 17) reported 173 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 53 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 30 cases were found in Pranburi, 22 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 0 cases in Kuiburi, 5 cases in Thap Sakae, 4 cases in Bang Saphan, 6 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 49 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

One new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/april-17-prachuap-reports-173-new-covid-19-cases-57-in-hua-hin/

And then we get a bigger drop today! Will this continue now Songkran is over?? Deaths are a bit worrying though. 

Health officials on Monday (April 18) reported 135 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 36 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 16 cases were found in Pranburi, 20 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 4 cases in Kuiburi, 6 cases in Thap Sakae, 16 cases in Bang Saphan, 4 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 33 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Four new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/april-18-prachuap-reports-135-new-covid-19-cases-36-in-hua-hin/

Edited by worrab
Reword

Thailand’s daily COVID-19 deaths reach another new high of 129 on Tuesday

COVID-19 copy.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (April 19) reported 16,891 new COVID-19 cases, 24,927 recoveries and 129 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1257154-thailand’s-daily-covid-19-deaths-reach-another-new-high-of-129-on-tuesday/

//CLOSED//

/Admin