Snow capped peaks? Not quite, but parts of north Thailand blanketed in white after storm

webfact

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have friends staying in that location and they say they haven't seen any sleet or snow or anything and the weathers hot  

Very strange! Perhaps your friends are in the 'very general' location, maybe 50 km away from this unusually cold event. It's not April 1st. ????

4 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Very strange! Perhaps your friends are in the 'very general' location, maybe 50 km away from this unusually cold event. It's not April 1st. ????

Well, they are right in between the two named locations , Pai and Mae Hon Song , 50 odd kilometers in either direction . 

They said its hot there (30 degrees ) and no sleet or snow or whatever it was . 

Sent me some photos from today as well and no sign of anything white 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well, they are right in between the two named locations , Pai and Mae Hon Song , 50 odd kilometers in either direction . 

They said its hot there (30 degrees ) and no sleet or snow or whatever it was . 

Sent me some photos from today as well and no sign of anything white 

Weather in Thailand can be very localised

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but it would be very unusual to have freezing temperatures in one location and 90 degrees 50 kilometers away 

Nobody’s suggesting cold temperatures, just extremely localised weather. Kilometres are not required metres are often enough with rain variations between totally dry and drenching rain on different sides of the same street being not that unusual.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Nobody’s suggesting cold temperatures, just extremely localised weather. Kilometres are not required metres are often enough with rain variations between totally dry and drenching rain on different sides of the same street being not that unusual.

Yes, but you dont get freezing conditions on one side of the street and 90 degrees on the other side

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but you dont get freezing conditions on one side of the street and 90 degrees on the other side

Where are the freezing conditions???
Hail is a high atmosphere phenomenon, nothing to do with low atmosphere temperature differences, or had that fact escaped you?

after the localised rain/hail the area effected will be slightly cooler and more humid for a brief time.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

You hear of hail stones every hot season in some village somewhere but they never seem to fall in CM City.  Well until  13:32 on 25 April 2020. These fell close to Chang Phuak Gate. They fell for less than a minute and melted quick because it was a blazing hot day during the hot season. For the odd person wondering how i can remember the date let alone the exact time ( i can't, not even the year!)  the camera records the info. 

25APR20 CM City.jpg