Thailand Pass Validity Extension Effective April 18, 2022

webfact

screenshot_17504.jpg

John Ollila

Visitors to Thailand from July 2021 have been required to apply for entry permission first COE and later Thailand pass, with various documents, and the requirements have been relaxed a few times.

Now, Thailand is extending the Thailand Pass validity effective April 18, 2022. As a result, you can arrive 7 days EARLIER or LATER than the indicated entry date on the QR code (you can scan and see what is included on the QR code). Previously, you were not allowed to enter earlier but were allowed up to a couple of days later in case of flight changes and cancellations.

You can access the Thailand Pass website here.

Here’s what Thailand Pass has posted on the website:

ประกาศ

วันจันทร์ที่ 18 เมษายน 2565

ผู้เดินทางที่ได้รับอนุมัติ Thailand Pass QR Code สามารถเปลี่ยนแปลงวันเดินทางเข้าไทยโดยใช้ QR Code ที่ได้รับอนุมัติเดิม (ไม่ต้องลงทะเบียนใหม่) หากกำหนดวันเดินทางใหม่ อยู่ภายในระยะเวลา 7 วันก่อนหน้า หรือ 7 วันหลังจากวันที่ที่ได้รับอนุมัติเดิม

Applicants can use their approved Thailand Pass QR Code to enter Thailand on different date of arrival if the new date of arrival is within 7 days before or after the original date of arrival as indicated on the QR Code.

—————————–

หากสายการบินของท่าน เดินทางมายังอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ สามารถตรวจสอบเคาน์เตอร์ที่พักของท่านได้ที่ https://checkinextraplus.workationthailand.com/

In the case that your arrival port is Suvarnabhumi International Airport, please check your hotel counter number via https://checkinextraplus.workationthailand.com/  

The QR code or the web page that resolves from it has not yet been fixed, but this information has been sent to relevant parties. I would expect, however, that not all airline agents are aware of it yet.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/04/17/thailand-pass-validity-extension-effective-april-18-2022/

LL.jpg

-- © Copyright LOYALTY LOBBY 2022-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 days?? Common that's too much extended time for travel.....let's reduce it to 7 hours...If they miss that window, ask tourist to start the process again. That would teach them how to be a nice tourists....There is a long Q of Chinese/Russians/Indians/Pakis waiting to enter the great Kingdom of Thailand!!

• Confused 1

Thailand can keep the Thailand Pass until October, as not many people will be traveling 

to the country, when, it is school season until Mid June, and being Spring time as well the weather is

better in most of the northern hemisphere.  After October however there are people who hate the cold Winter weather

and will be starting to plan their escape to somewhere tropical.  I just hope that the government, if it is still

in power will get its <deleted> together and have less restrictions after October.

• Like 1

And that extended before&after window, ladies and gentlemen, will serve as the cue for TAT, the Sports and Tourism Ministry OR BOTH to inevitably issue an announcement that several million foreign visitors are to be expected streaming into the country within the next couple of weeks.

Wait for it. It surely is coming. You can bet on it!

By the way: What happened to these "1 million foreign arrivals" that were supposed to rush in over the 7 Songkran days?

Songkran is now over... and you know, I didn't notice any marked increase in foreign tourists anywhere. It would be difficult to overlook a million people. So where are they???? (I know it's a moot question.)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed, most Europeans will now concentrate on Europe where there are nicer beaches and better nightlife.

It will only be Nov' onwards when the majority start to think of warmer shores. Even then I doubt they'll entertain Thailand with the current requirements.

I want to get back(have condos), but I won't return under the current requirements.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

Until the risk of Quarantine is gone, I shall not be returning, what's the point in taking the risk.

Many foreigners entering simply live in Thailand. I'd say that's a valid reason to take the risk.

By the way, the risk is minimal these days. You're allowed to do home quarantine now if you have no or mild symptoms. And the process of entering the country is painless. It's become a pure formality. No more people in white suits at the airport, and just a regular check-in procedure at the hotel. And technically you have to stay in the room but there's no monitoring whatsoever. The ATK test result on day 5 doesn't have to be submitted any longer. This was my experience a couple days ago. If you ask me the border is wide open.