Sole of foot feels dead

ivor bigun

for the last few months i have had a dead sort of feeling at the end of my toes on the sole of my feet ,now the right one has spread ,it feels numb ,but if i pinch it it still hurts ,so its not dead ,anyone ever had anything like this?

It could be any number of things, from a neurological problem to a problem with circulation to an issue with your spine.

Is it both feet or just one?

Test your circulation by pressing hard on the nail of your big toe and seeing how long it takes to turn back to normal color. It should be just 2-3 seconds. If longer, may be circulatory issue.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It could be any number of things, from a neurological problem to a problem with circulation to an issue with your spine.

Is it both feet or just one?

Test your circulation by pressing hard on the nail of your big toe and seeing how long it takes to turn back to normal color. It should be just 2-3 seconds. If longer, may be circulatory issue.

hi

its both feet although the left one is just behind the toes ,while the right is down the side as well ,by the way i have heart problems and had a bypass a very long time ago ,its to risky to have another so i take meds ,and my toes when i squeeze them go pink straight away .

46 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

hi

its both feet although the left one is just behind the toes ,while the right is down the side as well ,by the way i have heart problems and had a bypass a very long time ago ,its to risky to have another so i take meds ,and my toes when i squeeze them go pink straight away .

What meds are you on?

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Omeprazole

Asprin 81mg

Atorvastatin

Dilatrend 12.5 mg

Spironolactone25mg

Clopidogral 75mg

Furosimide 40mg

I see the heart doc every 3 months,,he is happy with me luckily.

I had asked in case this was a drug side effect.

It is  possible  that your potassium levels are off due to the diuretics, and both high and low potassium levels  can cause tingling and numbness in the feet. You should get a serum potassium level checked at once (any lab can do this). If it is above or below normal range go straight back to your heart doctor with the results to get your meds adjusted.

If your potassium levels are normal, then it may be a neurological condition.

• Thanks 1