Brick Pizza/bread Oven

Mai Krap

Anybody ever build a brick wood fired oven before? Where did you get the fire bricks? there are great plans all over the internet and the small ones can built out of clay just like a Issan charcoal maker,,, If covered these will last a long time... Im designing a large one now and I have materials but im looking for some better qaulity bricks... The biggest problem is using a design that does not look like a buddist crematoriam... Sometimes Thailand is like being on another planet... Building a small wood fired oven in your back yard can be done very cheeply and can be alot of fun and you will be able to eat fresh bread that is not sweet and eat pizza with no mayanaise... I would encourage anyone interested in this to do some web searches and check it out.......

My wife was looking over my shoulder as I was checking out some of the very large Italian and French ovens as she does wondering what Im up to next,,, She had that look Ive seen many times in Issan where somone says "ohh Falanggg" and then walks away... I then realized she had never seen a large masonary oven except at the wat... For all the misunderstandings from both sides my wifes family doesnt even bother to comment,,,,, they think Im nuts.... I cant wait til they viset and see that Im building crematoriam out in front of my wifes restraunt.....

"ohhh Falang"