Suvarnabhumi: Incoming experience for tourists improves, hotels face sanctions if they can't deliver

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Some hotels have been warned in emails that should they be unable to fulfill their obligations under the SHA+ program they face having their privileges removed.

How about if their stall is un-manned it is removed, and so is their licence to operate.

• Like 2

Came back to BKK Airport yesterday morning. Yes, quite a lot of tourists as seen on the photos, but many staff people around as well. They asked me which hotel I had booked, let me wait 10 minutes or so, then a good car took me directly to Jomtien Hospital. In 5 minutes I was tested and taken to Ibis hotel in Pattaya to wait for the result. Covid free.

This hotel's communication with me was really bad, their room disappointing. But the check-in with Thai Airways in Munich quick and efficient, their flight comfortable, the way at Suvarnabhumi from the gate to the immigration interrupted with only one checkpoint to see the Thailand Pass. Waiting time at the immigration nearly zero.

Thailand Pass should be ended, but everything was acceptable for me, even the online registration - had no problems.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
7 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

So some hotels might lose their privileges? That’s not a solution.

Yea, and they already have the traveler's cash.

Realising that requires next step thinking, alien to Thais. And why is it a privilege? An opportunity to gouge the arrivals? It would be like sending hotels to an inactive post where they lose their turn at the trough.

13 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

So some hotels might lose their privileges? That’s not a solution. That leaves more travelers stranded. How about daily fines instead as a first step?

How about just getting rid of SHA+ , Covid Insurance (Travel insurance covers it anyway) Thai Passes, blah blah.

None of it necessary - just impose 1 rule - all travellers should be vaccinated or they don't get ON the aircraft in the first place. Make it a condition of getting a visa too.

Used to work for Yellow Fever in many places - I've lost count of the YF shots I had over the years! (Come to that, I shall soon lose count of my Covid shots - it'll be 4 soon - arm like a bloody dartboard!)

• Like 1