Does the US embassy certify English to Thai translations?

In case somebody would like convert a tourist visa to a Non B and the immigration requires and translation of the evidence of education into Thai. But can any translating service be used or does it have to be a transaltor approved by the US embassy.

The US embassy does not certify translations.

You can use any translation service and then have the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Most translation service can do the certification for you for a additional fee.

Info for the certification is here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ขั้นตอนการรับรองเอกสาร

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The US embassy does not certify translations.

You can use any translation service and then have the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Most translation service can do the certification for you for a additional fee.

Info for the certification is here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ขั้นตอนการรับรองเอกสาร

Thanks you. Much appreciated

As Ubonjoe stated, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the proper place to have any document translations certified for legal use in Thailand and the US. But there may be additional paperwork required to qualify the document for legal use in the US. This process is referred to as document authentication. 

I have had documents from the US authenticated for use in Thailand. I have not authenticated Thai documents for use in the US. You might want to check what additional documentation is needed to have the document fully accepted in the US.

As an example, my marriage license required an attachment from the Secy of State of the state where I was married and an attachment from the State Department. Finally, I needed an attachment from the Thai embassy in the US.

So, at a minimum, an attachment from the US embassy, and maybe more, may be needed to make your documents legal in the US.

Don