US Embassy visa interview appointment at Bangkok

How can a Thai national get a soon interview appointment at the US Embassy in Bangkok?
After filling the visa application and paying the fee, an appointment calendar opens up, offering available appointments only some month away, some days in October, on other days in January next year.

Is that the way it is, or is there another way of getting an appointment in time?

Any help welcome.

7 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Your Congressman in your hometown might be able to help? Likely has staff that are working on immigration issues daily.

They like to say yes to their constituants.

Absolutely horrible advice.

9 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Pish. Really? Especially the ones overseas which make them non constituents. What fact is this based upon?

Do not ever try to strongarm the staff here with some generic request from a lowly congressperson.

The only way to get your appointment bumped up is to continually check the calendar and reschedule.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 21cSchizoidMan said:

Great ramble.

We agree. Contacting what amounts to a random congressperson will do no good.

If you look on any US immigration website forum they will explicitly tell you not to do this. This measure is reserved for visas that are stuck in the mud for months.

Of course, if you are woke and privileged like Larry and did not afford proper amounted of time then by all means contact a random congressperson in ?? where you used to live to complain you don't like your appointment and are special and should be put ahead of everyone else because your needs are more important than others that actually have waited, and had afforded proper time.

Maybe just ask Larry to do it for you?

You seem to be missing the point a bit.  I'm not talking about a random congressman, I'm talking about the person's congressman.  Congressional representatives have staff dedicated to constituent services.  One aspect of constituent services is dealing with bureaucracy.  If you think waiting six months for an appointment isn't a problem with a bureaucracy then I think we do disagree.  If the embassy is treating everyone badly and failing to deliver a service than I fail to see how that is better than simply failing in one particular case.

In any case, as Henry Ford observed once, if you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, bkk6060 said:

Welcome to the wonderful land of U.S. embassy Bangkok.

If it is a Visa for a Thai female there is a 99.9% chance you are wasting your time.

But, good luck.

Thanks for your comment. Actually she is female and had 2 times a 10 years US visa before, just let it slip to renew it in time.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, LarrySR said:

Your Congressman in your hometown might be able to help? Likely has staff that are working on immigration issues daily.

Thanks for your advise! I will try and might be positively surprised.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Konrad 12 said:

Thanks for your comment. Actually she is female and had 2 times a 10 years US visa before, just let it slip to renew it in time.

Pretty much a lock for the visa, I would think.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I looked for an appointment back in February for a trip in August I found a few slots open in October and November.  Someone suggested logging in every day and waiting for cancellations to pop up.  I tried that for a few days but got bored with it. I noticed there were appointments open in Chiang Mai so I booked one of those after checking that it was OK to go to either consulate.  So next week I will get a trip to Chiang Mai which I don't mind.

• 3 months later...

My friend's Thai girlfriend has an appointment scheduled for a US tourist visa. What documents such as chanotes, bank books, etc. should she bring to the interview? She has old passports which show travel to other destinations but not the US.