PM Worried about Unvaccinated People

webfact

I flew back home to get my jab and was allowed my first jab June 2021 and second jab September 2021. (Pfizer) UK

My daughter in Thailand got her 1st and 2nd jab within 6 weeks of eachother September and early November 2021 (Pfizer) Thailand

My wife got her first jab privately November 2021 (Moderna) Thailand

She then gave me her 2nd private jab in January for my 3rd booster whilst she went to Bang Sue for her 2nd jab free off the government. (Moderna) Thailand - I went with her, thousands of people getting Moderna or Astra shots. 

Her mum got Astra twice September 2021 and then November 2021 and then Pfizer February 2022.

Seems like a strange contrast to many comments here. Hmmmmm

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

On 4/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, internationalism said:

it's his own fault - contracting only 2mln of astra zeneca per month. 

Even when the AZ offered them large increase his government still refused. They were only for $7.

Then ordering substandard and expensive Chineese vaxes, for $20 per shot. They needed booster within short time. And they are not recognised in many countries for entry. Sinovac has some 15% shares from thai monopolistic conglomerate, the CP.

When made a czar of covid just during the 3rd wave after Songkran 2021 he delayed contracting new vaxes (pfizer, moderna) until end of June - over 2 months delay.

He contacted also sputnik, but failed to contract it.

That's because he didn't want any new vax before locally made AZ to enter.

That's why vax rate is low and that's why covid is still rampant. 

There were many more minor examples that his government doesn't care about people, but about envelopes and "face"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-19/thailand-turns-to-chinese-vaccine-as-astra-supply-falls-short

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/first-batch-us-donated-pfizer-vaccines-arrives-thailand-2021-07-30/

Where does it say 'When made a czar of covid just during the 3rd wave after Songkran 2021 he delayed contracting new vaxes (pfizer, moderna) until end of June - over 2 months delay.' or is that just your own 'theory'?

Thanks

Edited by onthedarkside
Disallowed link to the Bangkok Post removed
  • Confused 1

I have written it.

First talks with vax supplies were done just after songkran 2021.

But they were contracted only at the end june.

thailand had chance to join covisheld, that was advice given to them by the AZ yet in 2020. Anutin has declined, because they wanted only locally made one.

They had to beg the AZ for a small emergency supply 200k, which suppose to come from Italy, but it failed. At the end only 117.5k arrived from Korea. 

The link you posted is to donated pfizer from the USA. The contracted one started to come only this year (I don't follow it carefully because it's not an issue for me - got vaxed by the donated one and for booster I had to travel abroad)