"I couldn't control myself" says guard after stabbing his ex to death in jealous rage

webfact

10pm.jpg

Naew Na Thai Caption: Jealous rage - security guard stabs ex girlfriend to death

Naew Na reported on a murder outside a security company in the Pak Kret area of Nonthaburi.

Rescue services gave Nam, 21, 30 minutes of CPR to no avail. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

She had been stabbed four times in the back and twice in the chest.

Surrendering to police at the scene was 19 year old Wirasak a security guard. He had lived with Nam before but they split up because of his jealousy.

He said that when they ended their relationship they promised each other not to have new relationships that would overtly embarrass the other side.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

When he saw his ex with a work colleague who had been involved with his girlfriend before he snapped.

He said he could not control his anger.

In a jealous rage he left his balcony and went downstairs to the security company and an argument ensued. 

Friends said the couple had worked together before at Lotus in the security detail. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

He had lived with Nam before but they split up because of his jealousy.

Sounds like she had the right idea.  Shame she wasn't cautious enough to move away.

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that when they ended their relationship they promised each other not to have new relationships that would overtly embarrass the other side.

I wonder if he forced her into making this declaration...

• Like 2

It comes down to Face, doesn't it. He lost his as he was rejected. Simple as that. Losing face is more serious to a Thai than anything else. Even money. And that's why we have another story today about a gunfight at the OK Corral. Get out of my bar, face lost, returns with gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It comes down to Face, doesn't it. He lost his as he was rejected. Simple as that. Losing face is more serious to a Thai than anything else. Even money. And that's why we have another story today about a gunfight at the OK Corral. Get out of my bar, face lost, returns with gun.

I'm not so sure.  I know what you mean, there are certainly examples of what you say, but I'm thinking in this case there is a certain amount of jealousy and considered ownership leading to "if I can't have you, no one will".  The arrangement to "not date anyone else who would embarrass either of us" was probably proposed by him and agreed to by her under duress just to get away from him and he likely made it so vague that any relationship she had after him would breach the agreement.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Rather die a physical death than a social one. 

29 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Rather die a physical death than a social one. 

Since when do Thais think of consequences. They live in the moment.

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:
5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Since when do Thais think of consequences. They live in the moment.

Exactly. In the moment they rather die a physical death than a social one. 

That's not what I meant. They don't ever think of the consequences of their actions - what I call stage 2 thinking. They can't do that. They have no idea that they might be killed or kill others.

Look at the way some people drive. Suicidal. Just this evening we had an accident metres from my house, when a woman on a motorbike pulled out from a shop and hit a man on a bicycle who she didn't see in the dark because he had no lights. He had no concept at all of the danger of driving on a dark road at night with no lights, no idea of the danger he put himself into. No idea of what the consequences could be. Which, in this case, was both he and the woman being taken away to hospital. I'd like to think the brain-dead idiot on the bike would be charged with causing the accident, but I doubt that'll happen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Congratulations on just arriving here. ???? 

I've been here for around 26 years and lived in my current location for around seven years and have now lost count of the number of accidents in that seven years within 300 metres or so of my house on a long straight country road. It's around 20. They have included lorries and pickups in the roadside ditch, death, amputations and long-term coma. Even as a passenger I no longer go out at night except to a restaurant for Christmas Eve as there are no many brain-deads out there at night with no lights and I'm always on edge.

• Like 1