Friend Wants To Move To Thailand

SiamSquare123

my friend is 35 years old and is married with two small children. he works video camera salesman and his wife is currently a waitress.

we were best friends growing up and he came out to see me in thailand. he doesnt have much money so he couldnt afford to take the family with him. we spent a week together and the guy was a maniac for the thai girls, constantly two and three a day. He confessed to me that he hates his life back home and that being in Thailand was the greatest thing that could ever happen to him.

he wants to see about me getting a job for him teaching english in advance of his arrival. he calls me last night and says "the expletive is refusing to come to thailand with me". he loves his kids to death and he wants her to atleast let him take one of them to thailand. i doubt she is going to let that happen. his plan is to move one of the girls he met last year into an apartment asap to care for the kid while he works as an english teacher to get his footing. he is very excited and i want to be happy for him but i am scared it wont work out. he says that he will do a runner with one of the kids if she wont be reasonable.

what do you do in this situation? he was my best friend and the kindest bloke youll ever meet.

Edited by SiamSquare123

He's a sleeze ball....he's willing to give up his wife & kids to hang out with a bargirl (or at least a girl that doesn't mind screwing up his family for her benefit). He is willing to split up his kids from each other and their mother as well as move ONE child to a foreign country (in more ways than one). This is the height of irresponsibility.

I would not help him out one bit. Tell him he is on his own. If he wants to screw up his life, so beit, but don't help him!

That's our opinion, we welcome yours.

Edited by Tagaa

In the end its his life and sounds as if he already made up his mind. Best you can do is give negative advice against it and then you've done about all you can do. I certainly wouldn't help him in his endeavours - its deplorable behaviour. Tell him do things properly or not at all.