Krungsri Research estimates 5.5 million foreign tourists to visit Thailand in 2022 after ‘Test&Go’ cancellation

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I actually think 5million is just about possible.

IF they drop Test and Go.

IF they stop this Thai pass (look how great our country is you need a pass to get in) nonsense.

IF the drop the insurance demands.

IF they open the bars and clubs.

IF they do not do yet another YOYO

And IF they do it all now, so people looking can book with confidence not wishful thinking

I agree with everything else but I think having an insurance should be a must... This could maybe prevent these gofundme campaigns when some idiots complain in hospital that they don't have money to pay their bills... Should be in any country for tourists. I'm not interested to cover costs for their healthcare.

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

One thing that is not taken into consideration regarding tourists is that if, due to regulations etc, tourists dont come to Thailand they will go elsewhere. Once they decide the new place is good they will forget Thailand.

yep a lot better and cheaper place's without all the C##p we have to go thru 

if it wasn't for my family commitments id be well gone

2 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

I agree with everything else but I think having an insurance should be a must... This could maybe prevent these gofundme campaigns when some idiots complain in hospital that they don't have money to pay their bills... Should be in any country for tourists. I'm not interested to cover costs for their healthcare.

yep totally agree to many out here living the high life then when s### hits the fan they come begging 

i do believe that some type of insurance is necessary but ones we can choose not be told we have to buy...

the ones they are forcing on us now for entry should be looked into as its just a backhander for a lot of corrupt people ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

IF they drop Test and Go.

IF they stop this Thai pass (look how great our country is you need a pass to get in) nonsense.

IF the drop the insurance demands.

IF they open the bars and clubs.

IF they do not do yet another YOYO

And IF they do it all now, so people looking can book with confidence not wishful thinking

with you on that one..its common sense for us

But please remember where we are

9 hours ago, webfact said:

cancels its ‘Test&Go’ measures in May

IMO, a step in the right direction but to attract more tourists/travelers these final bureaucratic hurdles must be removed:

issue visa/passport stamp and show full vaccination documentation ON ARRIVAL (no Embassy involvement), abolish the stupid QR Code, no mandatory Covid-19 insurance, and open ALL entertainment venues (including bars and nightclubs) so that visitors can ENJOY their holiday!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

Compared with other figures (10+ million) I've seen that were pure fantasy, this guesstimate looks refreshingly achievable. But with so many factors in play, who knows!

True. In the grand scheme of things it's small-fry.

Canterbury, near my UK home, was getting this amount per annum pre-pandemic.

London alone 30m.

An admission of defeat and the nonsense of Thai-pass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

yep a lot better and cheaper place's without all the C##p we have to go thru 

if it wasn't for my family commitments id be well gone

To be honest as much as I like Thailand I probably wouldn't be here now if my family wasn't Thai

• Like 1

Just now, shackleton said:

What about the Indian and Saudi tourists coming in mass to Thailand 

Which was predicted to happen this year ????

Well last week in Phuket at the JW Marriott Resort I observed over 300 Indian guests for 4 weddings over a 4 day period.  My GF wondered if we were staying at an Indian owned hotel, until I explained how they had been wooed to Thailand by the Government and how they had been coming here for weddings for years. 

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I think they're pretty much spot on with 5.5 million (much better than TATS 8-12 million)

There were 444,000 in first 3 months and 336,000 during April 1-25, so this should make 845,000 total by end of April.

So they only need to keep the current 400,000 per month for next 5 months, and then 900,000 a month during Oct-Dec high season, easy ????

Likely a big fiction. Do you really believe the official numbers? How many returning expats and how many businessmen and people with ties to Thailand finally ventured back? 

Real numbers? 65,000 a month? Sorry. Not impressed. 

• Like 2

"...........notes this estimate is significantly more conservative than those by the Tourism Council of Thailand and the Tourism Authority of Thailand, as seen here, who predicted up to 12 million this year."

Can't have somebody forecasting more tourists than TAT - that will never do -  stick another zero on the end!

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes--- it seems that everything is meet with the usual---it wont happen--- I think its really do-able, you had tens of millions coming here before it all hit the fan. We have lots of girls around Udon that guys have kept in touch with now over 2 years--some sending gifts--some not. After all this--People want a holiday, I still think this place beats Spain for families. (& it certainly beats it for single guys) Eastern Europe isn't looking that great--Air Fairs are surprisingly cheap--and where in the world can you get a hotel room in the middle of a capital City for around £25 or less..

.................Then again , maybe he just means 4.75 million Indians + the rest.....:w00t:    

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes--- it seems that everything is meet with the usual---it wont happen--- I think its really do-able, you had tens of millions coming here before it all hit the fan. We have lots of girls around Udon that guys have kept in touch with now over 2 years--some sending gifts--some not. After all this--People want a holiday, I still think this place beats Spain for families. (& it certainly beats it for single guys) Eastern Europe isn't looking that great--Air Fairs are surprisingly cheap--and where in the world can you get a hotel room in the middle of a capital City for around £25 or less..

.................Then again , maybe he just means 4.75 million Indians + the rest.....:w00t:    

2 years of sponsorships keeping the flickering candle alive for a two week millionaire.  Thinking not, if they have been as you say, then they have more money then good sense, as a two year newer model will be available....

• Like 1

As I posted elsewhere, shifting your vaccination status to the TM6 form is still NOT living with Covid. Until the entire bureaucratic system is scrapped and the country adopts the UK approach, which is all travellers are treated equally with or without these vax shots, I won't be booking a flight there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, law ling said:

I've never understood the popularity of, or the usefulness of, these predictions of future "tourist" numbers ... but if it's important to them, then carry on.

Because of another sky high figure they like to quote,  which is how much each tourist spends, last report was they spend 10,000B a day... ???  Which makes good reading for the investors in Thailand..

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Lots of talking down the tourists estimates. Perhaps link to fear of Baht appreciation as income from foreign tourists contributed to Thailand's surplus current account which is a big factor in Baht strength. 

Or more likely , a simple reflection of the absurdly exagerated ( and wrong) estimates of recent years.

As for foreign reserves ( the general excuse for the strength of the baht ) , they must have taken a huge hit in the last 2 years.

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Because of another sky high figure they like to quote,  which is how much each tourist spends, last report was they spend 10,000B a day... ???  Which makes good reading for the investors in Thailand..

I dont believe for one minute that serious investors believe in numbers plucked from thin air.

19 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

To be honest as much as I like Thailand I probably wouldn't be here now if my family wasn't Thai

Please send me a private message:

Up to date photos of your wife. Latest bank statements. Assets in your name etc.

I might be able to take this burden off your shoulders.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

2 years of sponsorships keeping the flickering candle alive for a two week millionaire.  Thinking not, if they have been as you say, then they have more money then good sense, as a two year newer model will be available....

Yes, all electric now.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well last week in Phuket at the JW Marriott Resort I observed over 300 Indian guests for 4 weddings over a 4 day period.  My GF wondered if we were staying at an Indian owned hotel, until I explained how they had been wooed to Thailand by the Government and how they had been coming here for weddings for years. 

I was my wedding. Disguised as an Indian sultan.
I saw you.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:36 AM, Eleftheros said:

TOT  recently said that first quarter recorded 444,039 foreign tourists, which would be a base line of 1.76m for the year.

If they don't change current requirements, then 2-3 million tourists seems more realistic, unless they let in a couple million workers from neighbouring countries, counting them as 'tourists'...

Edited by StayinThailand2much