No Youtube

LoveThai

Medication, therapy, meditating in temples, and group healing sessions. :o

The ancients spoke of a time before YouTube.... but 2004 was so long ago :D

I think I need a healing session right now... gotta go.

If not having YouTube is a problem, you might want to rethink your plans of coming to Thailand. The internet hasn't been invented here yet. I suggest you stay at home.

Why the hel_l should i listen to you???? If you have nothing positive to contribute, just shut the hel_l up!!!!

Edited by LoveThai

There are utilities you can use to access just about any content you like (including YouTube). You'll have to google them as specific discussion of them is frowned upon on TV. Be advised, I believe their use is prohibited in Thailand.

Thanks, will check that out.

I actually saw the offending videos on a visit to planet freedom of speech.

To me, it was the people who made the videos who actually came out looking really stupid.

It wasn't even satire-just came across as crass and purile.

The other thing is, that lots of videos were then made attacking the original posters. They were generally more thought out and well done.

If they just left it to all to go away, it would have been gone by now - well down the list.

Now, because of the publicity, the clips have been viewed by more people than ever. Millions more.

So who won there?

Did the fortune teller advise on this one too?

There are many ways around the draconian internet here.

Unfortunately you cannot discuss them here.

There are other thailand forums where such topics are discussed freely.

There are many others like our dear "bendix" here. :o

Thanks for the tip.

"Bendix" is the most hated one here?? Gee... He or she or heshe should learn how to speak.

didn't think much of youtube before the britain's got talent videos of mobile phone salesman paul potts singing nessun dorma and 6 year old connie talbot singing somewhere over the rainbow hooked me.tried to watch the videos at itv but only people in britain can see them there so youtube is it for anyone else.

I actually saw the offending videos on a visit to planet freedom of speech.

To me, it was the people who made the videos who actually came out looking really stupid.

It wasn't even satire-just came across as crass and purile.

The other thing is, that lots of videos were then made attacking the original posters. They were generally more thought out and well done.

If they just left it to all to go away, it would have been gone by now - well down the list.

Now, because of the publicity, the clips have been viewed by more people than ever. Millions more.

So who won there?

Did the fortune teller advise on this one too?

Yes, i do know very well the reason YouTube is banned. Due to some scums who doesn't know anything about respect. Does anyone know the real people behind the clips. Is bendix one of them?

It is pretty stupid to banned Youtube, it really doesn't stop people from viewing the clips. This is the internet for god's sake. You can't banned the internet. I guess they are doing it just to show that they are doing something about it. Thay are not that stupid. aren't they?

There are dozens of video sites on the net. You can still see all the video you want in Thailand. There are Thai video sites too. You won't miss anything. You might want to remove anything from youtube.com you may have put on it prior to coming to Thailand as once you get here you won't be able to access it. But like I said there are other sites just like youtube to see videos etc.

I think the youtube thing is just hypocrisy myself. If yahoo or hotmail did something wrong would the government close those sites? No, too many people use them for email and for business. As always money is more powerful that morality.

There are dozens of video sites on the net. You can still see all the video you want in Thailand. There are Thai video sites too. You won't miss anything. You might want to remove anything from youtube.com you may have put on it prior to coming to Thailand as once you get here you won't be able to access it. But like I said there are other sites just like youtube to see videos etc.

I think the youtube thing is just hypocrisy myself. If yahoo or hotmail did something wrong would the government close those sites? No, too many people use them for email and for business. As always money is more powerful that morality.

Yes. i agree. The real challenge is to go around it and view Youtube in Thailand. Is anyone smart enough to do that? I just can't help finding it totally stupid if any government wanna banned the internet.

If not having YouTube is a problem, you might want to rethink your plans of coming to Thailand. The internet hasn't been invented here yet. I suggest you stay at home.

Why the hel_l should i listen to you???? If you have nothing positive to contribute, just shut the hel_l up!!!!

Because I am wise beyond my years.

wise through ur ass???

What does "wise through your ass" mean?

Being wise or wisdom is = to the mind = head

Wise through the ass = thinking by his ass rather than by his real head. For a normal human being , only shit comes out from the ass.

And for others it exits through the keyboard :D

There are many ways around the draconian internet here.

Unfortunately you cannot discuss them here.

There are other thailand forums where such topics are discussed freely.

There are many others like our dear "bendix" here. :bah:

Thanks for the tip.

"Bendix" is the most hated one here?? Gee... He or she or heshe should learn how to speak.

:bah::o heshe? learn how to speak? "ANY GOVERNMENT WANNA BANNED THE INTERNET"

:D :D :Ddoglaughxz2.gifdoglaughxz2.gifdoglaughxz2.gif

doglaughxz2.gifdoglaughxz2.gifdoglaughxz2.gif

so how to attain this simple but secret Knowledge?

we could tell you but then we'd have to be killed.

Forum Rules: "We do not allow discussions of proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites."

elephant1wt0.gif

getting youtube in thailand is pretty easy you just got to know how

so how to attain this simple but secret Knowledge?

I had never heard or accessed Youtube.com before someone posted a stupid flick about His Majesty the King of Thailand and subsequently the website was blocked by the present Thai military government. I believe without them blocking this web-site nobody would have cared about it here. But now everybody knows that the military government treats us like stupid little kids who cannot judge by ourselves what we can see on the Internet and what we cannot.

Today about 18'000 websites are blocked although the ministry behind this campaign won't admit it.

This is what today's The Nation wrote about it. Also interesting article about how to circumvent the censorship. Actually, it's very easy.

You seriously misjudge the situation if you think that ANY government in Thailand would not have done exactly the same thing. (blocking a website disrepectful to His Majesty).

Can you identify 10 websites that are blocked?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1333020

Some folks seriously need to get out more!!! :o

Moving to Thailand and the most important thing is .. .. how do you deal without access to youtube!!!! :D

Go out, make some friend, have a beer . . . switch the computer off!!! :D

Edited by technocracy

Several offensive posts have been deleted.

As the Youtube issue is still a sensitive matter in Thailand, any discussions of how to bypass the block decreed by the Thai Government will not be allowed, nor will flaming of fellow members.

Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation.

I will be moving over to Bangkok at the end of this year. I wonder how do you guys deal with No YouTube in Thailand.

It is kind of sad and a pity that Youtube is banned in Thailand.

There is a phrase "Get a Life".

Why not spend your time appreciating what Thailand has to offer.

I will be moving over to Bangkok at the end of this year. I wonder how do you guys deal with No YouTube in Thailand.

It is kind of sad and a pity that Youtube is banned in Thailand.

There is a phrase "Get a Life".

Why not spend your time appreciating what Thailand has to offer.

How should i run my life is up to me to decide and not for anyone to say.

Gee, why do people in this forum like to tell people what to do?

Edited by LoveThai

"I am going to go to Thailand but there will be no youtube (wringing hands, sweating)... what to do, WHAT TO DO???!!!"

:o:D:D

Don't tell him that American Idol isn't on Thai TV or he'll have a breakdown. :D