What's The Biggest Capacity 2.5inch Drive Available In Bangkok?

steffi

That's ok as my Mac Book Pro core 2 duo takes SATA drive.

Have not seen them yet, but keep in mind any 2.5" drive over 160GB is SATA only if that makes a diff. And the best 160GB drive (Seagate 7200 RPM) is also SATA only.

Even 7200rpm 2.5" drives aren't that easy to find (but at least they can be found, unlike last year when you had to order them online from the US). The biggest I've seen here are 160GB 5400rpm drives. If you really want capacity, get an external drive. It's just one of the things you have to deal with when you use a notebook. If you want speed for the external drive, get an eSATA enclosure (same speed as internal drive) and an eSATA card to put in your mac.

Yeah I already have a Seagate Barricuda 400 GB drive sitting in a Mapower case I bought here last year.

Even 7200rpm 2.5" drives aren't that easy to find (but at least they can be found, unlike last year when you had to order them online from the US). The biggest I've seen here are 160GB 5400rpm drives. If you really want capacity, get an external drive. It's just one of the things you have to deal with when you use a notebook. If you want speed for the external drive, get an eSATA enclosure (same speed as internal drive) and an eSATA card to put in your mac.