Airport transits (en route to UK) recent experiences, good or bad?

The Fugitive

Which route, airlines?

Do you mean BKK-XXX-LHR?

Airlines will not issue tickets which do not meet the MCT.

You can check past flight timings for specific routes/flight numbers to get a feel for performance.

Weather, war, local labor relations, IT have a larger potential impact I would guess.

Inherent structural/operational issues at a specific airport? Probably not.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Which route, airlines?

Do you mean BKK-XXX-LHR?

Airlines will not issue tickets which do not meet the MCT.

You can check past flight timings for specific routes/flight numbers to get a feel for performance.

Weather, war, local labor relations, IT have a larger potential impact I would guess.

Inherent structural/operational issues at a specific airport? Probably not.

Thanks, you've given me an idea. I am in the process of booking but undecided upon airline(s)/route. I know it's my responsibility if I make two separate bookings. I understand that check-in agents can through check hold luggage on two separate bookings but will tell you they can't. I have been in situations when my incoming flight was delayed but the outgoing connecting flight was held because there was a large number of passengers involved. Zurich has always been very fast and efficient, as you might expect. As you mention, there are more factors to consider now. 

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

I understand that check-in agents can through check hold luggage on two separate bookings but will tell you they can't.

Only if the airlines in question have an interline agreement, which not all do.

Some even have a policy that they will not check luggage through even with an interline agreement if it's not all on one ticket.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 1:25 PM, The Fugitive said:

Thanks, you've given me an idea. I am in the process of booking but undecided upon airline(s)/route. I know it's my responsibility if I make two separate bookings. I

It would be easier if you just shared your itinerary. 

Separate bookings are best avoided, again unless you can share a really good reason. Yes, PNRs can (as in it may be possible) be linked, and bags can be checked through, but you have no protection whatsoever in the case of mechanical/irregular ops.

Please provide the routing and airlines your considering. Without any information it's challenging to help you.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, mtls2005 said:

It would be easier if you just shared your itinerary. 

Separate bookings are best avoided, again unless you can share a really good reason. Yes, PNRs can (as in it may be possible) be linked, and bags can be checked through, but you have no protection whatsoever in the case of mechanical/irregular ops.

Please provide the routing and airlines your considering. Without any information it's challenging to help you.

Many thanks, I understand. My Mother-In-Law became ill and is now in hospital hence I have had to put my travel plans on hold. Thanks again for your kind assistance.