E-Visa questions

Hi all, 

I was recently approved for a multiple entry tourist e-visa. I've had quite a few Thai visas in my time but this is my first digital one. 

Just wondering how it works really, particularly considering its multi-entry. They just scan the QR code at the bottom and that's it? Do I get a stamp in my passport? 

Also, on the "visa" it has my last name first and first name second. I thought that may have been an error at first but I've read elsewhere on this forum that that's the normal formatting for these things, the same order it shows in the passport. 

Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers. 

You will show immigration a copy of your e visa and be prepared for them to keep it. They will then do the arrival stamp for 60 days from the day your arrive.

Don't worry about how you name is written on the e visa. That is the way it is done.

Be sure you have a copy of your e visa when you apply for the 30 day extension of the 60 days you will get when entering

the country.

• Like 1

I am a bit confused on availability of METV on evisa site (thaievisa.go.th) when i access this site at my location (PA USA) i don't see METV offered only STV. Am I doing something wrong? 

One other question: while on a STV in Thailand can I leave Thailand for short trip and return within the STV time period?

5 hours ago, fotunate said:

I am a bit confused on availability of METV on evisa site (thaievisa.go.th) when i access this site at my location (PA USA) i don't see METV offered only STV. Am I doing something wrong? 

One other question: while on a STV in Thailand can I leave Thailand for short trip and return within the STV time period?

You can't leave and come back on a STV (Single Entry Tourist Visa).

On 4/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will show immigration a copy of your e visa and be prepared for them to keep it. They will then do the arrival stamp for 60 days from the day your arrive.

Don't worry about how you name is written on the e visa. That is the way it is done.

Be sure you have a copy of your e visa when you apply for the 30 day extension of the 60 days you will get when entering

the country.

I'll be doing a 90 day Non O  E-visa soon,  on arrival  does Immigration look at my paper copy and stamp  the 'Non O' as well as the 90 days ? I will get yearly extensions from it after the 90. Thanks 

Edited by CANSIAM

40 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

I think STV is special tourist visa. TV is tourist visa that has single and multiple (for MTV) options

Edited by Onerak

32 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

'll be doing a 90 day Non O  E-visa soon,  on arrival  does Immigration look at my paper copy and stamp  the 'Non O' as well as the 90 days ? I will get yearly extensions from it after the 90. Thanks 

They should and better to check it before leaving the counter and ot make sure it says Non-O and 90-day for permission to  stay. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

I think technically one can if one has a re-entry permit. A re-entry permit should keep the permission of stay date intact. This is a new type of visa (STV) and unless specifically forbidden to not leave Thailand without sacrificing your permission to stay date. On a single entry TV I have rentered with re-entry permits multiple times when I used to frequent Vietnam, Penang, Cambodia, India, Nepal, Singapore, etc around 2011-2013. 

Edited by Onerak

11 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I think STV is special tourist visa. TV is tourist visa that has single and multiple options

ThaiEmbassy.com states that the longer term STV is no longer offered. "The STV project is only valid until September 30, 2021."

1 hour ago, fotunate said:

You should select Tourism and Leisure activities as your purpose of visit, then visa type as Tourist visa, and Number of Entries as Multiple. It will require you to upload document proving you have 200K Baht (may be around 6K USD) in your bank for the last six months. For single entry, a simple bank statement of the preceding month will suffice (I assume at least 600 USD). No other additional documents are required. 

Edited by Onerak

13 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

ThaiEmbassy.com states that the longer term STV is no longer offered. "The STV project is only valid until September 30, 2021."

You may be right but the option still exists as of today. May be they will extend it twice instead of once for TV if you enter before the date you mentioned. 

Edited by Onerak

1 hour ago, SiamAndy said:

STV is certainly available, not sure about every Embassy though. The scheme was extended till Sept 2022. Up to the individual to decide if it is a better option than the METV.

4 hours ago, SiamAndy said:

Not surprising since that is not a official website. This at the bottom of that site.

image.png.229d7292fbd4d3932c821d92d243b0ab.png

Hello all, I’ve been gone for 4 years wanting to come back to CNX  in August.

Wondering if I can enter with two month e- visa and then get 30 day extensions for 5 or 6 months total? I realize nobody knows what changes might happen in the next few months but if worse comes to worse could one simply go to Vietnam and apply for another two month e-visa? Is there a limit to how many Evisas you can apply for or which country you have to be in when you apply? I accidentally posted this question under visa on arrival so I’m posting the same question again here.

46 minutes ago, devaram said:

Wondering if I can enter with two month e- visa and then get 30 day extensions for 5 or 6 months total? I realize nobody knows what changes might happen in the next few months but if worse comes to worse could one simply go to Vietnam and apply for another two month e-visa? Is there a limit to how many Evisas you can apply for or which country you have to be in when you apply? I accidentally posted this question under visa on arrival so I’m posting the same question again here.

You can only extend the 60 day stay from a tourist visa one time for 30 days.

Not all embassies and official consulates use the e visa site. The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and the embassy in Hanoi does not use the e visa site.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only extend the 60 day stay from a tourist visa one time for 30 days.

Not all embassies and official consulates use the e visa site. The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and the embassy in Hanoi does not use the e visa site.

How would anyone know you are in Vietnam if you are applying for a visa online?

I hear people are staying indefinately with covid extensions its not a big secret

I am just about finished completing my evisa.  I have a couple of questions.  

Since I am fully vaccinated, what should I submit for this question?

#8 ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) Hotel Reservation Confirmation

I am fully vaccinated.  Since this is no longer needed, should I just attach my vaccination documents to this question?  I have already attached my hotel/accomodation information under "Place of Stay" on this form.  

Also, regarding this statement on the Thai Embassy website:

2.4 Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)

In years past, I just demonstrated a paid ticket reservation out of the country (like to Singapore) and had no problems getting my 60 day tourist visa approved and eventually would get my 60 day visa extended to 90 days.  How is that situation today?  

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Merwan

Edited by Merwan
grammar (retired English professor) :)

14 minutes ago, Merwan said:

I am just about finished completing my evisa.  I have a couple of questions.  

Since I am fully vaccinated, what should I submit for this question?

#8 ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) Hotel Reservation Confirmation

I am fully vaccinated.  Since this is no longer needed, should I just attach my vaccination documents to this question?  I have already attached my hotel/accomodation information under "Place of Stay" on this form.  

Also, regarding this statement on the Thai Embassy website:

2.4 Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)

In years past, I just demonstrated a paid ticket reservation out of the country (like to Singapore) and had no problems getting my 60 day tourist visa approved and eventually would get my 60 day visa extended to 90 days.  How is that situation today?  

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Merwan

Just having a ticket out of the country (and back in, because I applied for multi-entry) was good enough for me. My consulate also asks for "round trip" and its a bit misleading.

Edited by milhouse82

On 5/3/2022 at 3:26 AM, SiamAndy said:

Yes, you can. Just get a re-entry permit before departure.

However note that by STV people often mean not Single Entry Tourist Visa  but Special Tourist Visa.