Doing A Visa Run On A Multiple Non O

How about if I return with about 10 or less days left on my multiple entry non-immigrant visa? No onward ticket required? Just wondering if the agent at the airline counter in the U.S. will realize that even though there's 10 days left only that Thailand will give me 90 days.

Will i need onward travell docs when i goto do my Visa Run in cambo next month?

I have 9 months left on my visa, i know it may sound a daft question, BUT TIT!!!

Thanks.

I have a Multiple Non-B with 6+3 months (total of 9 months) left on my visa.

But YES, THEY ASKED ME FOR ONWARD TRAVEL DOCUMENTS!!! :o

Luckily, as we were "arguing" about it, the immigration officer's supervisor overheard and then corrected it, and allowed me even without travel documents.

Could've been dead if the supervisor didn't hear?!!! Who knows!

This was at Poi Pet / Aranyaphet border.

How about if I return with about 10 or less days left on my multiple entry non-immigrant visa? No onward ticket required? Just wondering if the agent at the airline counter in the U.S. will realize that even though there's 10 days left only that Thailand will give me 90 days.

The bigger DANGER is that an ignorant immigration officer (there are more than a few) might not give you 90 days, and might just give you the few remaining days on your visa, because they don't understand that "Enter Before ______" is different from "Permitted to Stay Until_______"

These are the same immigration officers who:

1) Asked me for onward ticket out of Thailand despite the fact that I have a Multi B Visa (law is that they should only ask for it if you have no visa), and

2) Require other visa-exempt individuals to show 20,000 baht as "show money" upon entry. (The Law is only 10,000 baht for individuals, not 20,000 which is for family.)

:o

That's my worry for when my Multiple B expires...

This is Thailand!

Although I would think that this is more likely to happen at a land border than airport. But who knows...

Edited by junkofdavid2

I should think there is a 99.99% certainty that the airline check-in agent will not know you will get another 90 days. But it doesn't matter. Have Visa - don't need an onward ticket.

I should think there is a 99.99% certainty that the airline check-in agent will not know you will get another 90 days. But it doesn't matter. Have Visa - don't need an onward ticket.

And there's also a 40% certainty that the Thai immigration officer assigned to you will also not know that he/she should give you another 90 days, and you may be forced to stay for only the remaining 10 days of your visa.

That's just my opinion because TIT (this is Thailand)... :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

I went through the border at Padang Besar last week. I had about 10 days left on my O multiple. I was given 90 days no questions asked and did not see anyone else having problems. The Officer did however cancel my visa but as I am going back to England next month, I couldnt be bothered to argue the toss.

One thing I did notice though, was that there was two officers checking Passports/Visas/Tm cards before allowing both Thais and foreigners to proceed to the booths. Any idea what that was about?

One last thing: The Thai booths were plastered with "Thou shalt/ thou shalt not" pieces of paper whereas the Malay side restricts themselves to "Welcome to Malaysia!" Entering Thailand sadly does seem to be becoming more menacing.

You not have to buy an onward ticket! Because it is stated that when entering before stated date will give you an extra 90 days(even on the last day). The other story from some members was just a mistake from the officer.

Once an officer gave me accidentally 30- instead of 90 days, I pointed it out , and he just corrected it.

If they give the days only still left on the visa it is a mistaken interpretation also , just ask for a higher ranked officer to help you out .

So nobody , in my opinion has to worry at all. People just make mistakes , and we have a mouth to talk to say it was mistaken .No big deal in my opinion .

No immigration officer is going to mistake 10 days remaining in visa validity as only being allowed to enter for 10 days. It will not happen.

The thing to watch for is using the wrong stamp as they have 15/30/60 and 90 days as normal stamps and also have to set stamp for each re-entry permit so there is room for error there and everyone should check passport immediately after return - you can step aside but if you see it is wrong return and mention it and have it fixed.

One thing I did notice though, was that there was two officers checking Passports/Visas/Tm cards before allowing both Thais and foreigners to proceed to the booths. Any idea what that was about?

Just a guess. The deteriorating security situation in the south. Probably a preliminary sift on the lookout for suspects/insurgents. Although anyone on the wanted list is likely to avoid authorised crossing posts.

ummmm ok ... this DOES beg the question .... why would you return with only 10 days left if you are already in the USA and could just get a new visa?

Three free months, that's why. Seems easy enough answer to me. But it doesn't really matter as I'm not you, does it?

Fair enough .. if you travel back and forth to the US that often :o

I appreciate the thread and my question already seems to have been answered but I just would like to double check on Mae Sai because I've just met someone who said that the border officers at Mai Sai won't give my next three months even though I have a Non Im B and am on my first three-month segment. Any truth to that?

I appreciate the thread and my question already seems to have been answered but I just would like to double check on Mae Sai because I've just met someone who said that the border officers at Mai Sai won't give my next three months even though I have a Non Im B and am on my first three-month segment. Any truth to that?

SOMEONE ?

If you have a valid visa every Thai Immigration Officer will honor it and stamp you 90days.

If in doubt post your visa here and we will advise further.

Thank you

There are no segments to a visa. You either have a single entry visa (which is used and not longer valid for entry) or you have a multi entry visa (multi or letter M). If you have a multi entry visa it should be valid for a period of one year from date of issue. Any entry during that period will provide you a 90 days permitted to stay stamp. It makes no difference if you enter in Sadao or Mai Sai.

There are no segments to a visa. You either have a single entry visa (which is used and not longer valid for entry) or you have a multi entry visa (multi or letter M). If you have a multi entry visa it should be valid for a period of one year from date of issue. Any entry during that period will provide you a 90 days permitted to stay stamp. It makes no difference if you enter in Sadao or Mai Sai.

OK, thanks to both of you for your lightning fast responses. I neglected to say that I have a multiple entry Non Im B. And "segment" was the incorrect wording. Mae Sai it is then. It never ceases to amaze me how willing some people are (meaning this man I briefly met the other day) to talk out of their A$$.

• 2 weeks later...

So how'd it go Jimjim?

Did they give you another 90 days as they legally should (even if it's enter before June 27)?

If yes, what border was this? :o

Cheers!

Mike