Will the European tourists come back?

Misab

What is holding back for most Norwegians, is the stupid paperwork and insurance (most norwegians tourists travel with insurance with enough cover anyway, it is just the stupid details), and maybe no more direct flights from Oslo could void for some. 

Anyway small group with around 200 000 a year  travelled to thailand before covid. 

• Like 2

It is still certainly cheaper to be in Thailand .. been keeping a house and condo mothballed. Utility prices have gone through the roof in the UK. As a former expat now looking to change direction for my retirement I intend to liquidate Thailand and " holiday" in more places and be flexible as getting back to Thailand even as a tourist is just hassle. There are nicer and easier places. No BA flights tells you something .. just booked via Singapore  to return  in September ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Those with holiday arrangements on the other side of the world probably aren't going to have a problem paying their electric and gas bills!

Think delay most due to "the paperworks".

Why go thailand if same options elsehwere without.

It will get better, but going to take a while maybe a couple of years. But you never know. Worse might be around the corner ( Putin and Xi). Seems covid crisis is over as a reason, but the Chinese look tied up for at least another year over covid. The health of the European economy is going to be a key consideration. Thailand should seriously look at other ways to create economy than relying on Tourism. Does world economy look healthy to you?

13 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Not while the baht is so ridiculously strong. 

Even after a small shift,  it still makes Thailand expensive for Europeans

I agree, as I see it the problem is the strong Baht.

• Like 1

Not gonna go down like they expect it to. Thai's have spent two years figuring out how to do without the tourist. Tourist are not going to be welcomed back with open arms as many expect. The world has changed. It will get off on the wrong foot right away, just wait for the new headlines. I may be wrong.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Reminds me of my first ladyboy exp.....thank buddha for KY.........(this is a joke btw)

"Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." 

Doesn't say much for your self-esteem that you need to defend your comment with a disclaimer -whether it's true or not. 

It’s everything combined that turn western tourists away from traveling far from home. Flight costs, awful paper work, lack of decent fast visa applications, dangerous roads, price of taxis in Pattaya, and Phuket, low quality food , crumbling infrastructure, air pollution, sea pollution and last but not least, inflation at home of 5% , a war, and many many westerners choosing to visit their own countries to help the economy ( I know many and we have fabulous beaches and summer weather) , and an amazing choice of neighboring countries to discover. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Another Thailand is too expensive no one will come thread.

Not everyone is poor pinching pennies living in their mommies basement and cannot travel to still, one of the least expensive countries to visit.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3