Multiple residence permits needed?

Hi, 

am planning to do my 90 day report at CW and would also like to obtain a residence permit to enable the opening of a second bank account.  I also want yo use this for obtaining a Tax Identification Number and to apply for a Thai driving license.   I understand that an accepted reason to put on the application form is to apply for a driving license but can I use this residence certificate for the application for a bank account and TIN as well?  Also does anybody know which counter at CW to approach for this please?   Thank you. 

I can't speak about CW Immigration but CM will give you multiple residency certificates for the single fee (or perhaps free).  When I did that I received certificates that were specific to the purposes I listed (bank account X 2, driver license, etc.).  I also used an expired residency certificate to get my Tax ID.

56 minutes ago, Everyman said:

The problem is that the residence certificates are addressed to specific banks or offices. They’re not “to whom it may concern.” 

I found this out when i got a letter in Pattaya

I guess different Imm. offices march to their own beat.  My certificates just stated the purpose not the specific bank.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, that clarifies why different residence certificates may be needed for me.  I noticed when I look at the reasons you can choose for the residence certificate being issued it has driving license as an option but no bank account option so I will verbally explain this when I visit CW immigration early next month.  Appreciate your comments.