Video: Two injured in fighting between armed rival groups in Samut Chedi

webfact

image.jpeg

77kaoded Thai Caption: Trouble in a housing estate

77kaoded yesterday reported pitched battles between rival groups involving about two dozen men armed with guns and knives in the Thassanee Housing estate in Samut Chedi, Samut Prakan.

Two people were injured in the violence, some of which was caught on CCTV posted in a video, around 11 pm on Wednesday night. 

Suradech, 33, who posted the clip, said he was awoken to see many men on motorcycles armed with guns and knives.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

image.jpeg

He went out to try and calm the situation down but it was no use. He took one injured person to hospital and on the way found another grievously injured person who he also took to hospital in the back of his pick-up.

One of the victims said they had arrived in the housing estate taking a friend home when a rival group ambushed him. 

One man reported 20 people arriving in the estate. He heard several shots as he went to find a weapon. 

Samut Chedi police are investigating hoping CCTV will give them a lead. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Children at play with adult toys.

The interviewee does'nt look much like  a child and nor do the pair in the back of the pick-up but certainly mentally childlike.

Actually (ageist alert here!), it rather reminds me of when, in my youth, we had mods and rockers and many a weekend was spent heading for Brighton on our scooters seeking out the opposing rockers on their motorbikes.  Similar scenes except less weapons and more fists.  All the bravado of youth and every generation has theirs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The interviewee does'nt look much like  a child and nor do the pair in the back of the pick-up but certainly mentally childlike.

Actually (ageist alert here!), it rather reminds me of when, in my youth, we had mods and rockers and many a weekend was spent heading for Brighton on our scooters seeking out the opposing rockers on their motorbikes.  Similar scenes except less weapons and more fists.  All the bravado of youth and every generation has theirs.

Did you have the fish-tail parker like me?

On 5/6/2022 at 10:32 PM, hotchilli said:

Did you have the fish-tail parker like me?

Actually didn't have a parker.  Didn't go with the pork pie hat, so I went for the dark blue overcoat with peter pan collar!  We really thought we looked the business.  I had a Vespa festooned with mirrors and four spotlights on the front.  I remember only putting on all the lights when actually arriving at whatever venue we were going to.  Then waiting until everyone had left before pushing the scooter back home.  Four spotlights and headlight  on a Vespa guaranteed a flat battery within seconds but it was all about the spectacle!

• Like 2