How Long Before Re-applying

Have searched for the answer to this and couldn't find it.

A thai girlfriend of my wife has been refused a tourist visit to the U.K to visit her boyfriend, usual not enough evidence to show she will return.

How soon can she re-apply.

Have searched for the answer to this and couldn't find it.

A thai girlfriend of my wife has been refused a tourist visit to the U.K to visit her boyfriend, usual not enough evidence to show she will return.

How soon can she re-apply.

She can reapply as soon as she is confident she can address the points mentioned in her refusal notice (there would be no point in applying before)

I'm in the same situation - GF has had her VV to UK denied. Presumably, if the points mentioned in the embassy letter are addressed, then they will grant the visa nex time round ? Are there ever cases whereby you address the issues and then they bring up something else that wasn't previously mentioned ?

We don't want to end up with a collection of refusal stamps in her passport, so need to be absolutely certain that everything is 100% next time round.

Does anyone have any previous experience of this scenario that they could share please ? As it stands right now, we are going to wait a few more months before re-applying . I'm off to Thailand next month !

Thanks.

I'm in the same situation - GF has had her VV to UK denied. Presumably, if the points mentioned in the embassy letter are addressed, then they will grant the visa nex time round ? Are there ever cases whereby you address the issues and then they bring up something else that wasn't previously mentioned ?

It depends on the reason for refusal. If the reason for refusal is addressed and the other requirements are still satisfactory then you have a good chance of being successful but as an example if the reason for refusal is an unconvincing reason to return to Thailand because she is unemployed it would be difficult to convince the embassy that she has now found a job and has immediate leave for a holiday within a short space of time.

One of the reason for the refusal was that her government teacher's salary of 7,700 baht@month was considered low???????????????????? and she didn't have any property in her own name.

She only qualified a year ago.............what do they expect.

One of the reason for the refusal was that her government teacher's salary of 7,700 baht@month was considered low???????????????????? and she didn't have any property in her own name.

She only qualified a year ago.............what do they expect.

Have you seen the real reason for the refusal? from what you have said here it may not be the 'reason to return' that she failed on (as I would think having a job as a teacher would be a sound reason) but you are suggesting that finance was the problem. Was she applying in her own right or was her b/f acting as her sponsor? Funds and Accomodation could be covered entirely by her b/f acting as sponsor if he was prepared to and capable of doing that then the amount of her salary shouldn't matter too much.

You need to get a copy of the refusal letter and then address each point. My gf was refused first time for reason to return, being unemployed, and not having any real knowledge on what she would be doing on her visit to the UK.

We tried to address this with her getting a job in 7-11 (no good reason to return there!), writing a full visit agenda, day 1 meet Familly, Day 2 - Windsor Castle. etc., added a written invite to nephews 3rd birthday and I wrote a letter saying I was an upright member of local community, tax payer etc. who would ensure that she returned to Thailand as I did not want this to jeopordise our relationship in the future. She stated that she was Thai, will always be Thai and misses her familly when she is away from them and allwasys wanted to live in Thailand. This was just a holiday.

We reapplied 4 months later and she got the VV without having to have an interview!

Hope this helps

Iain