Family almost wiped out on way to a wedding - "lap nai" blamed again as three die, one critical

webfact

On 5/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, Doctor Tom said:

That's often because of the inordinately long hours, unregulated by any workplace law, that these people work in many industries and forms of work. Truck drivers forced to work hours and hours on little sleep, having to take stimulants' to retain their jobs.  Farmers working from before sun rise, to way past sun set. Factory workers, unregulated, having to work double and treble shifts to retain their jobs. My wife was one of these, as are her 2 brothers, They are not sleepy, but hard working and It starts with government action on working conditions. 

Sorry, but that's just apologist nonsense for lack of driver education and skill, immaturity behind the wheel, excessive speed, driving while under the influence, total lack of law enforcement and all the real contributing factors to Thailand's obscene road death toll. 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, baz69er said:

Making phone calls isn't good, but wearing flip flops?

If you've ever slipped off your shoes while on a long drive you know how easily they can slide under the brake or gas pedals.

Result can be deadly.

Happened to me, once only though before I saw the danger.

23 hours ago, blackshadow said:

and by the way I HAVE NEVER EVER  had BRAKE failure i all the time of driving.....another favourite when they have crashed !!!!

Just because you haven't had brake failure, doesn't mean to say no one ever has, some people get hit by lighting you know...

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

so tell me how many have been hit by lightening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guessing you don't get what I am trying to say do you, I have had brake failure before, just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. Get yourself a new keyboard your exclamation mark key is stuck.

9 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

I am guessing you don't get what I am trying to say do you, I have had brake failure before, just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. Get yourself a new keyboard your exclamation mark key is stuck.

you should have had the brakes maintained then..................

9 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

you dont seem to understand that all these thai drivers are JUST making excuses.....not the fact that they can NOT drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

There is currently no explicit law that bans driving with bare feet, in heels or flip flops, or any other form of sandals or footwear. However, Highway Code 97 states that, before setting out on a journey in a car, it's important that “clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner”.31 Aug 2021

13 hours ago, blackshadow said:

you dont seem to understand that all these thai drivers are JUST making excuses.....not the fact that they can NOT drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand fully what you are saying, what you can't seem to grasp is that just because something which hasn't happened to you doesn't happen to anyone, like I said I hired a car in Mexico once through Dollar Car Hire Company and the brakes failed..it does happen. I am fully aware of the excuses Thai's make, I have been going to Thailand for 25 years and I hear all sorts of excuses. The driving test is a joke, my Thai partner passed with 10 hours driving, I taught her more than the Driving school did, she is very good driver now. You must get a new keyboard.

10 hours ago, baz69er said:

There is currently no explicit law that bans driving with bare feet, in heels or flip flops, or any other form of sandals or footwear. However, Highway Code 97 states that, before setting out on a journey in a car, it's important that “clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner”.31 Aug 2021

No law, but plenty of evidence it's not a very good idea..

One in three drivers get behind the wheel in flip flops – a shoe which appears to cause 1.4 million road accidents or near misses every year. In a poll, 27% of drivers admitted driving in flip flops had caused a mishap, and 11% said the shoe had got stuck under pedals.                                                                                                                                

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flip-flops-wedged-pedals-caused-7936313

1 hour ago, Gjk7777 said:

No law, but plenty of evidence it's not a very good idea..

One in three drivers get behind the wheel in flip flops – a shoe which appears to cause 1.4 million road accidents or near misses every year. In a poll, 27% of drivers admitted driving in flip flops had caused a mishap, and 11% said the shoe had got stuck under pedals.                                                                                                                                

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flip-flops-wedged-pedals-caused-7936313

Yeh ill take what you have said on board, but if i felt that it was dangerous i certainly wouldn't do it, there's also a lot of other footwear that could  be dangerous too, where do you you draw the line?  If the law makes it illegal which I'm sure they would if proved hazardous while driving then i will be the first to stop wearing flip flops......

On 5/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, RocketDog said:

If you've ever slipped off your shoes while on a long drive you know how easily they can slide under the brake or gas pedals.

Result can be deadly.

Happened to me, once only though before I saw the danger.

That's why I bought pickup trucks with the sliding rear window.  I could throw the empty beer cans in the back so they wouldn't get underfoot.

All this "micro sleep" nonsense reminds me of the saying "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

I understand fully what you are saying, what you can't seem to grasp is that just because something which hasn't happened to you doesn't happen to anyone, like I said I hired a car in Mexico once through Dollar Car Hire Company and the brakes failed..it does happen. I am fully aware of the excuses Thai's make, I have been going to Thailand for 25 years and I hear all sorts of excuses. The driving test is a joke, my Thai partner passed with 10 hours driving, I taught her more than the Driving school did, she is very good driver now. You must get a new keyboard.

nowt wrong wi mi keyboard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................