Relax! Thailand is just as safe (or dangerous) as it’s always been

webfact

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That combined with the tourism decimation, has created alot of hardship, and sent unemployment skyrocketing. Nobody knows how high it really is. 

I would guesstimate unemployment to be between 10%-15%... and that's being conservative.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thailand is more dangerous for Thais than us. We live in a privileged,  protective  bubble  here. But under these circumstances it's one of the safest  countries I've lived in. Certainly safer the Britain.

It all has to do with the Thai people which are very honest and good. But when the times get hard with increases on food and fuel and everything else and the loss of jobs as well people have to live. This is where the government comes in and helps it's people. They need to do more and stop making up excuses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It all has to do with the Thai people which are very honest and good. But when the times get hard with increases on food and fuel and everything else and the loss of jobs as well people have to live. This is where the government comes in and helps it's people. They need to do more and stop making up excuses.

It appears to be quite the opposite. This govt. seems to be hurting the people on countless levels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whe it comes to crime, Rooster is right.

I remember in the "good old" days walking off Rama 4 down Surawong Rd & on the left they

had full colour pictures in the windows of unidentified people  (mainly expats) photographed just the way they had been found dead at a crime scene or other place. Literally hundreds of them. It was repulsive 

37 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I've been mugged twice in my life, once in Manila, once in South London. No such experiences in 40 years in Thailand.

I've never been mugged; however, there are places where I have felt safe. Japan and Thailand are among them.

OTOH, I was always very wary in the USA, and it wasn't just muggers I was on guard against.

• Like 2

Kids not attending school is terrible for the development of the nation.

On the other hand, Thailand is on a sticky wicket as COVID cases decline to below many neighbouring countries. What is the first thing the government declares? "Everyone from higher COVID infected nations come to Thailand and give us your COV... I mean money.

This is going to be a neverending syndrome as long as the country depends so heavily on tourism.

Develop industry and services and create employment, close the BOI and open the country to companies without having to give rich Thais a majority stake, and start introducing new technology. What happened to Thailand 0.4 - I mean 4.0? 

Thailand has been and is really safe country! Even my ex from Philippines not allow me to take my son in Thailand! But if i go Phil its ok to her LMAO! I havent seen any 7/11 in Thailand whitch "bouncher " has AK-47 in hes hand! Im not feel fear in any place. If you have even 2 pea in your head you know how to keep out from places where is dangerous to be. But like in every place if poverty grows then also safety decrease.

Rooster,

Your quote “In international news a leaked Supreme Court draft ruling in the US suggested that the landmark Roe vs Wade decision might result in universal access to abortion being denied.  The next time get through all the media and political BS and look at the real issue.  The decision being discussed is that a previous court declared that abortion is a right given by the constitution.  What the decision is really about is did the previous court actually made a mistake.  Since there is no mention of abortion in my copy of the Constitution I have always been stretched to believe that the Constitution really said granted that right.  The issue is not to outlaw abortion in the Federal system but then it will be up to the individual states to determine if they want to take a position on abortion.

HappyinNE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No doubt petty crime is up. It is partly the result of Prayuth's "bringing happiness to the people" program. 

Joking aside, the way in which Thailand has approached covid, with the highly selective shutdowns, favoring their cronies (keeping all army bases, fruit canning plants, most factories, and even construction sites open) have created major super spreader sites, and encouraged more shutdowns. That combined with the tourism decimation, has created alot of hardship, and sent unemployment skyrocketing. Nobody knows how high it really is. 

Fortunately, it is mostly just petty crimes of opportunity. Thailand is still a relatively safe place. 

I find this logic similar to the logic of the many landlord's that own empty houses for rent around my area, and the whole country, they want to hang out for 35k a month rent, and turn down 15 /20 for long term agreements, some houses in my area have been empty for the last 4 years but are still available at the high rental some get rented for 1 or 2 months a year if they are lucky, I say, they obviously have to much money. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the news update Rooster, and I agree that if the USA overturns the Roe vs Wade,

the Un United States of America will keep on fracturing, and heading backward.

I enjoy my visits to Thailand and have been cautious more at night, and I do not ever wear

expensive jewelry when on vacation, or even the high fashion clothes etc. , so I am just an old

geezer who is enjoying yet another trip to the tropics to escape the cold of a Canadian Winter.

I am hoping that this coming Winter will be my post COVID return for a couple of months as well.

As long as the high prices of gasoline and food and other expenses does not make me

too broke to travel.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

Roosters comments on everything, should be taken with a grain of salt.

His opinion is his opinion only.

Like yours?

• Sad 1