Does transit flight counted as my stay in Thailand?

I will be traveling to Chiangrai from Singapore by Thai Airways for 30 days. There is no direct flight from Singapore to Chiangrai but a stop over at BKK is required. Does the time that I transit added to my stay? As the transit flight is past midnight, it is on the 31st day. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CharTe said:

That means I have to pay USD 100 to change my ticke????t. How long does it take to apply for Thai Pass?

Nah ...change nothing. Just explain  the problem, act dim and pay a moderate overstay fine..You don't need to change your ticket

9 hours ago, CharTe said:

That means I have to pay USD 100 to change my ticke????t. How long does it take to apply for Thai Pass?

There is no overstay fine for a one day overstay it leaving from either airport in Bangkok. 

You can also apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry for a fee of 1900 baht.

It only takes few days (48 hours is shown on the site) to receive the Thailand Pass after applying.

• Like 1

You may not have any issue as your "exit day" is the date when you pass through immigration, not the date that your flight departs.  I do this frequently in BKK with a flight that departs after midnight and my exit stamp is dated the day that I pass through immigration, even if it is 11:59pm when I receive the stamp. 

Edited by Homburg