PM happy with Thai reopening numbers - entertainment industry begs again after 100 billion baht hit

webfact

With the announcement of the 2 new variants that current vaccines have no effect against, his satisfaction might be short lived.

I fear more doom from the Too, no entertainment venues allowed to open, extension of the emergency decree etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

With the announcement of the 2 new variants that current vaccines have no effect against, his satisfaction might be short lived.

I fear more doom from the Too, no entertainment venues allowed to open, extension of the emergency decree etc.

2 new variants? Care to share links!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

But the pressure is mounting on the PM to open Thailand's hospitality, restaurant and nightlife industry fully.

Thailands ever popular hospitality industry has always been "open" for business, just not in the high street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From all the ongoing concerns about the “ hospitality “  industry not opening officially.  One would get the impression there really much isn’t else to do.  

8 hours ago, law ling said:

It's no skin off the PM's nose to keep businesses closed (or restricted) - as here they don't pay compensation to the affected businesses or to their (now unemployed) staff.

Plenty of jobs for staff, restaurant's and bars in Pattaya and Jomtien are having a big problem to fill vacancies . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thailands ever popular hospitality industry has always been "open" for business, just not in the high street.

The current surface numbers are just an indication that the usual circles have more hands in the ill gotten pie. 

Same as it ever was - regardless of the pursuit or nefarious activities. 

Quite astounding as to the overwhelming and made up consciousness that still exist, from all sectors, by way of tourism and all that's associated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty Hareways said:

Whilst i can't confirm this being as i'm not there myself, i hear Pattaya's nightlife (incl go-go bars) is thriving again.

Anybody know if this is correct?

You could refer to the post just three back from yours perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jimn said:

Do you really believe the nightlife is closed. Here in Pattaya its in full swing. Gogo's are operating near normal as are the bars. Granted closing time is supposed to be midnight but even now this is being pushed back later. Even topless dancing is back.

Not bad for a bunch of restaurants is it

16 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

Whilst i can't confirm this being as i'm not there myself, i hear Pattaya's nightlife (incl go-go bars) is thriving again.

Anybody know if this is correct?

You obviously missed my post, check it out @Ty Hareways

Edited by jimn

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Many establishments I think will go bankrupt as the girls have moved-on.

Instead of parading around a bar at night and sleeping on the beach all day they are now self employed and have found another lifestyle, with enough money to fund it.

The sex industry remains but the cat houses may be dying.

Not quite.   The ONE major Bangkok establishment that has gone out of business (with the sale of property and land near Central Pinklao) was more of a retirement.  

Any of those with even minor connections are being run out of hotels and apartment blocks now.   The fishbowl is now simply digital.    

On 5/10/2022 at 2:09 AM, spidermike007 said:

Please, please. Can the leadership behave like adults, just this one time? Let us reopen. Since you are offering us nothing in the way of assistance, allow us to make a living. Booze does not cause Covid. Stupidity and highly selective lockdowns do cause the spread. Man up Prayuth. 

Shouldn't expect the reasoned learning curve to adjust accordingly. 

• Haha 1