PM happy with Thai reopening numbers - entertainment industry begs again after 100 billion baht hit

webfact

4 hours ago, hashmodha said:

There is information on that link that mentions the BA.4 and BA.5 variants but while these are thought to be more transmissible, there's no evidence I've seen to suggest they can completely evade the current vaccines.

In fact the study linked to below found that although these variants could readily escape immunity conferred by a BA.1 infection, vaccines still provided a level of protection that would most likely prevent any serious symptoms.

Study reveals Omicron sub-lineages BA.4 and BA.5 escape neutralizing antibodies from BA.1 infection

So those are not "2 new variants that current vaccines have no effect against."

On 5/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, Jiggo said:

Plenty of jobs for staff, restaurant's and bars in Pattaya and Jomtien are having a big problem to fill vacancies . 

I was told by businessmen in Phuket yesterday, that the Thais that have packed up and left, especially businesses owners, were not coming back !!! The beach towns are going to remain as they are now, shanty town .

Has the premier or anyone high up actually visited the tourist areas badly hit by the pandemic and forced close downs ??? I don’t think so. After the bird flu outbreak some years back, Thaksin came and talked to the people, hosted a free chicken festival on Bangla in which all the local and first class restaurants and hotels cooked various chicken dishes for free. I wasn’t the only one who was shocked at the amount of very poor people who emerged out of the shadows. At least he came and helped to comfort his people. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As I said.

As I said, none of the major establishments AFAIK in Bangkok have gone out of business.   They weren't really legal before, having more rules just meant more zig zagging around law.   

12 hours ago, geisha said:

I was told by businessmen in Phuket yesterday, that the Thais that have packed up and left, especially businesses owners, were not coming back !!! The beach towns are going to remain as they are now, shanty town .

I doubt that..... Pattaya is pretty derelict in many areas, but that is City planning...

Come a long weekend, as we will have this week, they will pour down the motorway and swarm all over the place from that large, crowded, oppressive capital. 

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I doubt that..... Pattaya is pretty derelict in many areas, but that is City planning...

Come a long weekend, as we will have this week, they will pour down the motorway and swarm all over the place from that large, crowded, oppressive capital. 

But will those “ swarms” open up the closed businesses? Takes money to pay rent and buy stock to open up, which the average small business does not have anymore.  A weekend of Bangkok tourists doesn’t help much in the current situation. Phuket is dead quiet, and with the rains now starting up will be till next high season. 

12 hours ago, geisha said:

But will those “ swarms” open up the closed businesses? Takes money to pay rent and buy stock to open up, which the average small business does not have anymore.  A weekend of Bangkok tourists doesn’t help much in the current situation. Phuket is dead quiet, and with the rains now starting up will be till next high season. 

Of course they will... they will provide business to hotels, restaurants and beach operators, even nightclubs. They visit the theme park type places too.

I believe what you are focusing on is bars and entertainment, which was never aimed at the locals. That needs the return of the foreign tourists, in the mean time, local tourists are bringing life back. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Thailand said:

You could refer to the post just three back from yours perhaps?

A thousand apologies as the Indians would say but i just scroll through the posts pretty lively,just picking the odd one out here and there to dissect.

If this is against the forum rules i will accept any punishment forthcoming ????????

On 5/10/2022 at 3:10 AM, RandiRona said:

"PM happy with Thai reopening numbers"

Why this country need to depend on happiness of its premier?? Isnt it suppose to be what makes people happy?? 

Ohh I forgot...people here only serve the premier!

Long live the premier!!! 

Four legs good, two legs bad.