Renew Android phone

harry94

I would like to purchase a new Andriod phone . my worry is transfering my Banking App and Dee money ,

Will the shop transfer my Apps for me , (or is that unwise for security reasons ) Secondly could i just down the load

Banking App and Dee money on my new phone and login in with my details ? i have looked on You Tube but i would describe

my self as a Dinosaur when it comes to tech . Thank you .

Yes, you should be able to do that, download, log in with your password etc.

But if you put your gmail details in the new phone, you should be able to transfer exactly what you had on the old one onto the new one.

Which banking app?

Most allow you to register with a new phone, but you'll need to receive any SMS on the SIM/number on file with them.

Bangkok Bank does allow multiple phones, and they log the IMEI.

Simply install your SIM in the new phone, power it up, have your old phone nearby with bluetooth and WiFi enabled. Google will automagically download your apps, and pull data from either the old phone or your Google drive. Then simply launch the apps, log in and/or register.

Moving other forms of data: photos, music etc is best done with a PC, but let's deal with that if/when you need to. 

• Like 1

Guest truthman
9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for the useful replies , i will buy the phone and see what happens , many people purchase a new phone may be i am just worrying to much .

If you've backed everything up to Google, you should be able to transfer everything seamlessly. When you log in to your Google account, it will even walk you through the process.

Today i purchased a new Android phone (10,000 bahts ) the young lady transfered my old sim card to my new phone , Every thing ok Dee money not a problem , Bangkok bank needs my citizen id . or my account number and login pin number .or my debit card number .i tried these with out success so i will visit The Bank tomorrow . mtls2005 did make a good point about the sim card .my old phone i am still able to login into Bangkok Bank so that i will get sorted out tomorrow . Thank you for all the advice .

16 hours ago, harry94 said:

i am still able to login into Bangkok Bank so that i will get sorted out tomorrow .

Once you register your new phone you can go into the Buluang mBanking app, App settings, Device management and Delete your old/previous phone. Verify this by the model number or Activated date.

Up date , Yesterday all my Apps transfered ok but Bangkok Bank would not let me login. I visited the bank today  and it was a problem for two ladies to activate my account . They asked me a number of times to login in with my pin with out success., They then asked me to remove my face mask to compare my image on my passport. I think they may have thought i was an imposter and did not know the pin .

Cut a long story short after twenty minutes and me counter signing a number of forms , we had success . so alls well that ends well . Many thanks for all your help and positve remarks .

• Like 1

Some weeks ago I got a new phone.

Moving SIM to the new phone so keeping same number.

With that it was very easy to install and setup Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kasikorn.

Took me less than 30 minutes.

The only remarkable fact: SCB requires mobile internet connection (not WiFi) during the process. Not sure whether it can only be done with a Thai mobile provider?!

If you get a new mobile number: off to the bank branch with ID and passbook.

Getting my German bank access with two factor authorization working again took over a month! I spare the details. It started with an SMS to my Thai mobile number that never arrived.

• Like 1

Sorry, should have searched for this and posted it previously...

The mBanking app can be a little tricky, both moving to a new phone, and adding a second phone. I managed it both times, but certainly had an issue or two which took a few minutes to sort out.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking/How-to-Use/Reactivate-App

Scroll down to Change Mobile Device