Thai fishing boat plastic fishing boat, pvc plastic boat, fiber plastic boat ? What is the cheapest small boat for lakes and where to buy online or Pattaya ?

vidgra

hi all !

Thai fishing boat plastic fishing boat, pvc plastic boat, fiber plastic boat ? What is the cheapest small boat for lakes and where to buy online or Pattaya ?

I have seen fisherman with the blue plastic boat but they could not explain where they bought it ?

I do not know any PVC plastic things shop online or near Pattaya. Chonburi, can you help ? Or maybe in BKK ?

Please also tell me if it's heavy to bring down from the pickup ?

Please help ! Thank thank thank !

10 minutes ago, vidgra said:

Thank you but I am not interested in inflatable, I want the hard boat Thai style please can you find on Lazada ? i cannot ?!

I gave cheapest options,

If you wanna go up to firbreglass, and higher price look here

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.6wqdK

Better version

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.6wHcJ

Don't get a boat, because you will not be able to lift it by youself, and so after a while you will stop using it.

Get a kayak, and one you can lift onto your truck yourself.  With a kayak you can also venture out to sea when the weather is suitable.

I have a sea kayak.  I troll for squid using it with great success.  I also go out to an offshore reef about 2km from shore.  I start by catching live bait using a sabiki jig.  I put them in a net bag that I hang in the water off the side of my kayak.  I then bait up two rods I have fitted with shimano 4000 reels, 20lb line and 80 pound stainless wire leaders with stainless game hooks.

I have special floats that clip onto the main line but can be easily removed when retrieving a fish.  I let the live bait swim down about 4-5 meters (depending on the tide) and then clip a float onto the line.  I then let out another 30 or so meters of line and sit there in the current flowing over the coral reef.

Wet season has just arrived (big waves on beach so no more kayak) but a few weeks ago I had some insane days and catches including a 9kg barracuda, 8kg queenfish and a 10kg spanish mackeral.  I lost some absolute boomers also due to double hookups which are a complete circus when fishing in a kayak.

The beauty of the kayak is that you can fish much lighter than you would in a ordinary boat, because when you hook up a big fish you just let it tow you so you are not always burning drag.

Ditch the crappy plastic boat idea and get a nice kayak but not too big that you cant lug it yourself.

If you are after a fiberglass boat, one of my close Thai friends is a fishing boat builder in my village.  He has customers coming from all over to buy his boats.  PM me if you are interested in anything that elaborate.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 1

I have owned many kinds of small boat here. Fiberglass, several plastics, even a mini wooden longtail. Best by far was one like the image I will post below. It was very stable, could carry some heavy loads, lasted many years, wasn't as heavy as the small longtail. The fiberglass boats are light but the smallest ones are unstable and I found after a few years in the sun the fiberglass degraded and often got cut on my arms when paddling.

Bought our last one like this locally for 6,000B, highly recommend.

Plastic Boat Thailand Trade,Buy Thailand Direct From Plastic Boat Factories  at Alibaba.com

Edited by SunnyinBangrak
spelling
  • Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 7:02 PM, farmerjo said:

If you see any places selling large amounts of plastic water tanks,they usually have a small range of boats.

I cannot find any near Pattaya or on the way from BKK ?

On 5/11/2022 at 6:46 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

I have owned many kinds of small boat here. Fiberglass, several plastics, even a mini wooden longtail. Best by far was one like the image I will post below. It was very stable, could carry some heavy loads, lasted many years, wasn't as heavy as the small longtail. The fiberglass boats are light but the smallest ones are unstable and I found after a few years in the sun the fiberglass degraded and often got cut on my arms when paddling.

Bought our last one like this locally for 6,000B, highly recommend.

Plastic Boat Thailand Trade,Buy Thailand Direct From Plastic Boat Factories  at Alibaba.com

Thank you, I believe you, but I want one easier to carry. If shorter if will be lighter.

• 1 year later...

Late to the discussion, I know.  But I wanted to relay my experience hauling my 2 kayaks on top of my pickup.  I was pulled over several times and asked to leave to motorway by police pointing out that hauling stuff on top my pickup wasn't allowed on the motorway.  I was also denied entry to the BKK-Pattaya motorway and had to turn around at an entry tollgate.  Getting to Pattaya without using the motorway was impractical so I did something different that weekend...  I was also pulled over at a police checkpoint on my way back from Kanchanaburi, told by the cop to exit the expressway because cartopping a kayak wasn't allowed.  (Edit:  My kayaks were securely tied down to a proper roof rack, not flopping in the breeze)

Never had a problem on any sideroads, but that rules out a lot of Thailand.  YMMV, but a nice inflatable is how I'd go.  I ended up buying a 14' KaBoat skinny inflatable and powered it with a 5 HP Yamaha.  Worked great.  I tried a 15 HP Yamaha clone and scared the crap out of myself on the River Kwai.

Edited by impulse