How long does it take to get a Tourist eVisa from USA

I live in California, USA.  I applied for a Thai e-visa in November 2021.  It took six days from when I submitted the application and paid online to when I got the email that it was approved.

The online e-visa payment system wouldn't take my regular visa card.  It did accept my Visa Debit card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheJayMan said:

The online e-visa payment system wouldn't take my regular visa card.  It did accept my Visa Debit card.

It took my credit card and sent me a receipt to download saying paid.

I just got a 60 day SETV (in UK) just to say from submitting on E-Visa site, fee is taken immediately and visa was approved and emailed to me 4 days later.

Couple of the questions asked I written statement on paper signed & dated then uploaded - (one on invitation to come over from friends/family if not staying in a hotel, another on Income which was NA for a 60 day visa - its a question for METV but you get asked it same in application) all passed no probs. You must upload something to the questions, if miss any it gets rejected and you lose the payment. Also make sure all in JPEG or PNG format (I coverted all pdfs to jpeg)

Hope may help anybody else  

8 hours ago, Lokie said:

I just got a 60 day SETV (in UK) just to say from submitting on E-Visa site, fee is taken immediately and visa was approved and emailed to me 4 days later.

Couple of the questions asked I written statement on paper signed & dated then uploaded - (one on invitation to come over from friends/family if not staying in a hotel, another on Income which was NA for a 60 day visa - its a question for METV but you get asked it same in application) all passed no probs. You must upload something to the questions, if miss any it gets rejected and you lose the payment. Also make sure all in JPEG or PNG format (I coverted all pdfs to jpeg)

Hope may help anybody else  

YES, they could add a 'not applicable' tab below some of the questions...really what is the abandonment rate for those not a bit savvy with file conversion and blank jpg uploads for some questions...just utterly absurd.

How many say 'stuff this headache application system' after getting stuck on that file upload page...

3 hours ago, freedomnow said:

YES, they could add a 'not applicable' tab below some of the questions...really what is the abandonment rate for those not a bit savvy with file conversion and blank jpg uploads for some questions...just utterly absurd.

How many say 'stuff this headache application system' after getting stuck on that file upload page...

Not sure why I need 'not applicable'. I uploaded mix of pdf and jpg files as required for each question. Applied on Monday and got approval today, Thursday 5/12/2022. All in all three days in between Monday and Thursday. 

(one on invitation to come over from friends/family if not staying in a hotel,

I uploaded one night booking at a Bangkok hotel and the booking clearly says not paid and can be cancelled by June 29. I am reaching July 3. Files are pdf files. 

Income which was NA for a 60 day visa -

They have a question for bank statements and I uploaded my May statements. All files are pdf file. 

Only jpg files are images like passport scan, pictures, and another selfie holding the passport and the scan copy of signed declaration form. Besides these three images, all files are odf files and today I got my visa in three days. 

I was intending to apply for Non-O visa but not sure if I would risk 80-dollar if they deny it. Opted for tourist visa as I later decided to stay for three months only. 

Edited by Onerak