Cannabis Treatments Added to Gold Card Scheme

snoop1130

seems they are determined to get this whole population hooked on drugs that were illegal 6 months ago, it is really careless stupidity - yes legalise weed but to promote it is careless - it seems Anutin wants the whole population spaced out on a dangerous drug - and it is dangerous 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The three treatments include 1) ya kae lom kae sen, a medicine that promotes good sleep and increases food intake

Medical jargon for getting stoned out of your mind and getting "the munchies". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brendan3150 said:

@smedly serious question, when did you last smoke a joint of weed ?

Never would be my guess, and I am gonna go out a limb and say bet he loves a drink but.

Now lets talk about dangerous. Ive only used Australia but rates would be comprable if not greater globally.

Tobacco related deaths annually : 24 000

Responsible for 1 in 8 deaths leading cause of premature death.

Alcohol related deaths annually : 5 500

157 000 hospitalisations and a cost to government of 14 billion annually.

Deaths that could be attributed to marijuana use 2000 - 2018: 559

http://connections.edu.au/publicationhighlight/rates-characteristics-and-manner-cannabis-related-deaths-australia-2000-2018

Yes please dont unleash this horrible weed on us much safer with the pints and the darts.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@smedly serious question, when did you last smoke a joint of weed ?

it is well known that Cannabis causes some serious long lasting brain damage resulting in paranoid delusion and loss of ability to reason - it is a damgerous drug if taken in excess

I have no issue with it being used properly for medical treatment in well proven cases but that is not what this government is doing from what I have been reading these last few weeks, when a senior government minister (Anutin) is seen as actually encouraging the population to grow and consume/smoke a dangerous narcotic then they have crossed a line 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, let's all joke about elderly thais suffering from terminal illnesses. Clever aren't you.

Maintaining an appetite, and getting the proper nutrition, is a challenge in these cases. If some herbal remedy, with minimal psychoactive ingredients, help ease the final months, I say go for it.

Did you really think my post was joking about terminal illnesses in elderly Thais? That's a rhetorical question by the way because of course you didn't. It was just a weak attempt at a straw man to setup some dull, predictable virtue signalling, wasn't it? Well done Sir. Well Done. ????

Shame these treatments don't help with being a sanctimonious bore, after a 30 second diagnosis you could have qualified for a couple of kilos of grade A produce.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

it is well known that Cannabis causes some serious long lasting brain damage resulting in paranoid delusion and loss of ability to reason - it is a damgerous drug if taken in excess

I have no issue with it being used properly for medical treatment in well proven cases but that is not what this government is doing from what I have been reading these last few weeks, when a senior government minister (Anutin) is seen as actually encouraging the population to grow and consume/smoke a dangerous narcotic then they have crossed a line 

ok , and i am not being argumentative. just interested to know when you last smoked weed . or have you never smoked it ?

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

it is well known that Cannabis causes some serious long lasting brain damage resulting in paranoid delusion and loss of ability to reason

"It is well known."  What the ???

Oh wait, I get it now, it's like that American guy with the orange face doing his "everyone is saying . . ." routine.  Can't argue with that! 

But of course you're only posting this because you care about our well-being, right?

• Thanks 1

ok , and i am not being argumentative. just interested to know when you last smoked weed . or have you never smoked it ?

Is that relevant.... does one already have to be under the effects to know the dangers? I would suspect someone with brain damage was not a good source. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, smedly said:

it is well known that Cannabis causes some serious long lasting brain damage resulting in paranoid delusion and loss of ability to reason

This honestly sounds like a statement someone might make if they, well, had the symptoms you so expertly describe.

21 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Did you really think my post was joking about terminal illnesses in elderly Thais?

Honestly? I wasn't sure what you were joking about. I see now that you are just uninformed.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:56 AM, smedly said:

seems they are determined to get this whole population hooked on drugs that were illegal 6 months ago, it is really careless stupidity - yes legalise weed but to promote it is careless - it seems Anutin wants the whole population spaced out on a dangerous drug - and it is dangerous 

yeah...I get what you say man....  :stoner:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is that relevant.... does one already have to be under the effects to know the dangers? I would suspect someone with brain damage was not a good source. 

smedly said cannabis was dangerous. i wanted to know what he was basing his views on . using it himself or from what he has read

I would suspect someone with brain damage was not a good source. 

i'm not sure what this means jacko

On 5/12/2022 at 2:56 AM, smedly said:

Cannabis,  in thousands of years of recorded use has not proven  to be dangerous unless you stub your toe  on a brick  of it.  On the  contrary  its one of the safest medical treatments in the  world compared  to orthodox NSAIs, etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't brain damage one of the negative side effects of overuse?

i have never read that before jacko. but people smoke various amounts and i have never read of anyone over dosing or dying from too much cannabis  . it effects people in different ways mentally