CCSA to consider changing Thailand Pass requirement next week

webfact

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

I applied for Thailand Pass yesterday, for an upcoming quick trip stateside and then a return home to Thailand next month.

The Thailand Pass process took 5-7 minutes, cost nothing and was easily understood and accomplished. I literally had my approval and QR code before dinner.

It was a snap and caused zero problems.

if completing this simple process is too much hassle for people I am amazed they have what is required to navigate the airline purchase process to get a ticket.

it seems highly doubtful  the Thailand Pass is the culprit in preventing travelers from coming to LOS 

How much did you have to pay for the required insurance?

39 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

Yet they are able and willing to get a visa. They must have some type of TP phobia. Are they simply too simple minded to figure out the process? Are they just adamant that they won’t come to Thailand unless someone does everything needed for them? 
as for common threads on social media, well as Confucius said “ you can’t believe everything you read on the web”

I can't disagree. I've done the Thailand Pass and I have obtained online visas for other countries that cost money. You need the ESTA form for the USA and I have been through the process of getting UK visas for my Thai partner and one of her relatives (the latter was refused!).

Sounds like many are freaked by having to fork out for insurance!

That's part of the reason I used the word "unfortunately" at the beginning of my response.

8 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You obviously lead a charmed life!????

While that may be true (and I am a very grateful man), it has very little relation to the ease of obtaining the Thailand Pass. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Drop it for anyone who is vaccinated.

Drop the insurance for anyone who is vaccinated.

Airlines can verify vaccination status at boarding.

Much too simplistic and straight forward for the obviously confused Thai officialdom to reason with. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Well what a  good boy you are, how nice of you to tell us about your waste of time experience, & those precious hours you'll never get back and will always remember.

They were not wasted hours, just waiting time of a couple of hours, he baked a pie and got a Thai pass out of it. It appears you are wasting more time griping and crying on here about how onerous this trivial effort is for you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

most people abroad probably still assume it requires a PCR test once entered

I don't think so! Anyone thinking of travelling to Thailand would be doing their due diligence regarding the latest entry rules,for any seasoned traveller,especially to Thailand,they will not be assuming anything,including Moi.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

I've just done the TP, no paperwork involved, no uncertainty, and all approved in a matter of hours. Very easy.

Exactly the same.  I just did it for the first time as I'm going to the UK.  Was expecting it to me a nightmare after all the moaning you read on here.........then you realise most of those moaning have probably never even done it.

It was really pretty simple, fill out some info, upload a few images.  5 minutes max.  Really not that big a deal.  And like someone else has said if that puts you off then how the hell do you manage to book a flight or a hotel?

Would I rather I didn't have to do it?  Of course, and I expect pretty soon you won't have to.  Was it difficult or troublesome?  Not in the least.  And the insurance cost me a whopping 650 baht.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo53 said:

I don't think so! Anyone thinking of travelling to Thailand would be doing their due diligence regarding the latest entry rules,for any seasoned traveller,especially to Thailand,they will not be assuming anything,including Moi.

Okay well they still arn’t clear about night time entertainment being allowed to open, which is always a vital part of the trip

• Like 2

would be easier that they will only allowed vaccinated people to enter thailand?o

Any person who got the MRNA vaccines and 2 boosters can just walk in...

other require to either be tested or quarantine for 5 days.

Only the MRNA has success rate of protection in the 90%

• Sad 2