CCSA to consider changing Thailand Pass requirement next week

webfact

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Exactly the same.  I just did it for the first time as I'm going to the UK.  Was expecting it to me a nightmare after all the moaning you read on here.........then you realise most of those moaning have probably never even done it.

It was really pretty simple, fill out some info, upload a few images.  5 minutes max.  Really not that big a deal.  And like someone else has said if that puts you off then how the hell do you manage to book a flight or a hotel?

Would I rather I didn't have to do it?  Of course, and I expect pretty soon you won't have to.  Was it difficult or troublesome?  Not in the least.  And the insurance cost me a whopping 650 baht.

where did you find insurance for 650 THB?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I stopped buying travel insurance over 30 years ago, after having a valid claim rejected.

People do not realize insurance companies have entire departments scrutinizing all claims for any detail that would enable them to weasel out of their obligations. The term "utmost good faith" only applies to the customer.

In that thirty years, one cancelled flight cost me $350. I would have shelled out ten or twenty times that in premiums, if I had been inclined to remain a sucker.

And yet over the past 20 years I've put in 5  claims when in Thailand - 2 family sickness / death, 1 when I got robbed, 1 personal sickness and the big one in 2020: a BC flight back to UK when lockdown nonsense started and my airline stopped flying. All paid apart from the excesses. Just get the paperwork organised and above all tell the truth!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Drop it for anyone who is vaccinated.

Drop the insurance for anyone who is vaccinated.

Airlines can verify vaccination status at boarding.

And for travellers needing visas, it could be part of the visa application process. As you say, the airlines could do the rest.

4 hours ago, kennw said:

And for those people that can afford to self insure, and those in the age bracket that the insure companies dont want to know about?  

It is 650 baht.  If you can afford to self insure you can afford 650 baht.  Guess what?  I self insure, but I am going to the UK this month so I spunked the 650 baht to get the insurance cover for Thailand Pass.  Crazy spender, I know.

And that 650 baht covers people up to 85 years of age with no questions.

Why do people on here have to make massive mountains out of things that are barely even molehills?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, LALes said:

Its not pointless for the high-ups in the Gov who are reaping big profits from this charade.  Don't expect them to give up the gravy train without a fight.

Nonsense- the high ups in the government  make much more money from a thriving  economy  and a thriving  tourism sector.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

It is 650 baht.  If you can afford to self insure you can afford 650 baht.  Guess what?  I self insure, but I am going to the UK this month so I spunked the 650 baht to get the insurance cover for Thailand Pass.  Crazy spender, I know.

And that 650 baht covers people up to 85 years of age with no questions.

Why do people on here have to make massive mountains out of things that are barely even molehills?

It's really weird how wet and moany people are here on this forum. They want to make a virtue out of being innefectual and incapable.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, rumak said:

to make sure they make some money   

Another tiresome comment.  You can use any foreign insurance company you like.  They provide three very low cost local options if you need it (650 baht for me just now) but otherwise use whoever you want.

Thailand Pass is free, no one is getting rich from this.  It's just another idiotic Thai bashing thing to say.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, sungod said:

Vaccination in schools makes zero difference, kids are catching it/ being close contacts and still being sent home.

I thought transmission had ceased to be the issue. The issue  is vaccination mitigating against severity- you are reliving yesterday's anti vax arguments

1 hour ago, wasabi said:

where did you find insurance for 650 THB?

One of the three Covid policy insurance companies linked to when you apply for Thailand Pass.  30 days cover for anyone up to the age of 85, no questions asked, covers the $10k cover they require (it actually covers for $20k).  Took me two minutes to apply and pay and receive my policy that I could upload to TP.   650 baht, what is the big deal for people here?

If you genuinely need help DM me and I can give you the company details, so easy.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 10.28.00 PM.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Thailand have made getting a visa harder as well. Their Ministry of Foreign Affairs decreed that Honorary Consuls throughout the world are no longer permitted to process or issue any visas to enter Thailand. In Australia we could go to the Consul in our state capital city to get a visa. Now only Sydney and Canberra are permitted to issue them. Yet another hoop to jump through. I sit here wondering how safe I feel sending my passport to them through the post. If you want to ask them a question over the phone you can only call during a 3 hour window between 9:30am and 12:30pm weekdays, yet another silly restriction.

Boo Hoo.  You want foreign embassies to have offices accepting applications in every city?  It is the same the world over.  Live life on the edge, send your application by DHL, you'll be fine.

It is not Thailand making it harder for you, it is the way of the world.  And be thankful for your three hour window, we don't get that with the British embassy.

11 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

I've just done the TP, no paperwork involved, no uncertainty, and all approved in a matter of hours. Very easy.

I am the same i applied for my TP which only took me less than 5 minutes to complete the application, submitted it and with in a few hours i had the approval, I don't see the big issue with having to apply, people are complaining regard to the insurance needed, I think it a piece of mind if somthing happens while in the LOS, if i have an accident i will be covered and god forbid i don't. 

I understand some people that have the phobia with having to apply for the TP, it's not that difficult or time consuming. 

If someone dosen't want to apply and refuse to visit Thailand till the TP is scrapped then don't come to Thailand, SIMPLE !!!!

I am Travelling on ship for work and we had to apply online to enter Canada via the ArriveCan website, it waqs much more involved that the Thai Pass website, so i don't see the big issue that people are cmplaining about, it's a few minutes out of you life to bhe able to enter Thanialnd and enjoy the country, as i hvae said before if you don't like it then don't come, SIMPLE !!!

• Sad 1

I wouldn't delay your trip waiting for Thailand Pass to be fully removed.

The May updates have already streamlined the process quite a bit, and we are regularly obtaining Thailand Pass approvals for our clients within a few hours if submitted correctly.

As for the insurance requirement there are two very low cost options depending on your age.

• WORLDTRIPS (great for under 35, or have a short trip)
    you can set the deductible to 5,000 USD, and the premium to 50,000 USD for rates around 100-500 THB

• FWD (great for older than 35)
    fixed rate of 650 THB for 30 days (no matter what age)

Most of the rejections we see are related to the following issues:

• foreign insurance policies which do not meet the requirements, or state coverage
  • bad vaccine documents which do not state the actual vaccine type / injection date / name
  • uploading a photo of their face, and not an actual passport document photo ????

So basically it's a $3 to $20 cost, and about 15-20 minutes of your time.

We expect it to be possibly removed in July, or rebranded into something else which is a digitized TM6 replacement.

5 hours ago, UTH001 said:

You are aware that Thai Immigration (to the best of my knowledge) does not accept normal Travel Insurance. Even though many cover Covid and for far more than just US$10,000? I would be happy to have travel insurance. I do object though to an insurance with higher premium (compared to Travel Insurance) and fewer benefits!

You are wrong, I entered Thailand two times with the Thailand pass and non-Thai travel insurance. The insurance must cover covid, there are quite a few of these now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's really weird how wet and moany people are here on this forum. They want to make a virtue out of being innefectual and incapable.

Ok, 650/person , conservative estimate of 100,000/Mo.  at 30 baht / person = 2 million one hundred and sixty six thousand dollars x 12 = twenty six million dollars / year.  

At 250,000 people / mo. = 5,416,666 dollars / mo.  and 65,000,000 / year.

I don't think it is the 650 bath people are moaning about it is the blatant rip off.

Edited by garyk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garyk said:

Ok, 650/person , conservative estimate of 100,000/Mo.  at 30 baht / person = 2 million one hundred and sixty six million dollars x 12 = twenty six million dollars / year.  

I don't think it is the 650 bath people are moaning about it is the blatant rip off.

650 baht for $20k USD cover is a blatant rip off?????

It IS the 650 baht that people are moaning about - it is exactly what you are doing!

Jeez.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

650 baht for $20k USD cover is a blatant rip off?????

It IS the 650 baht that people are moaning about - it is exactly what you are doing!

Jeez.

This reminds me of the 800,000 in a Thai bank for retirement.  Everyone was saying it was a pittance. Thailand is happy to take your money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyk said:

This reminds me of the 800,000 in a Thai bank for retirement.  Everyone was saying it was a pittance. Thailand is happy to take your money.  

Yawn.

If you dislike paying a Thai insurance company 650 baht for your cover then feel free to use any foreign company as they care more about making you happy than making money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, d2b2 said:

I applied for Thailand Pass yesterday, for an upcoming quick trip stateside and then a return home to Thailand next month.

The Thailand Pass process took 5-7 minutes, cost nothing and was easily understood and accomplished. I literally had my approval and QR code before dinner.

It was a snap and caused zero problems.

if completing this simple process is too much hassle for people I am amazed they have what is required to navigate the airline purchase process to get a ticket.

it seems highly doubtful  the Thailand Pass is the culprit in preventing travelers from coming to LOS 

Is it really too much to expect things now to be the same as before this virus? Why the hell can't we just board the plane, fly to this Banana Republic, then leave the plane?

All this nonsense just for the entertainment of these soldiers.

Or is it really the fear of the protesters. Is it the soldiers entertainment, or the protesters, or a bit of both?

12 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

In my opinion they're only keeping it to make sure you have insurance. 

Thais don't need insurance, but we still need a Thailand Pass.

As others have said, it's pointless. If they want to check vaccination status, they can do it at flight check in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grubman said:

I am the same i applied for my TP which only took me less than 5 minutes to complete the application, submitted it and with in a few hours i had the approval, I don't see the big issue with having to apply, people are complaining regard to the insurance needed, I think it a piece of mind if somthing happens while in the LOS, if i have an accident i will be covered and god forbid i don't

Travel insurance is a very good idea, and may well be here to stay given the number of tourists who get into accidents, but airlines could verify this at check in. 

Thailand Pass may be easy to get, but it's off-putting to those who have never applied for one, who may think it's more difficult than it actually is. 

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yawn.

If you dislike paying a Thai insurance company 650 baht for your cover then feel free to use any foreign company as they care more about making you happy than making money.

To many other place that trump Thailand, and do not have the rules for staying a few months. 

Thailand is just a pain. I guess it depends on how much you want to get to Thailand. 

Personally I will avoid it for a while longer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Drop it for anyone who is vaccinated.

Drop the insurance for anyone who is vaccinated.

Airlines can verify vaccination status at boarding.

Drop it full stop and Gazette endemic.

There is no online learning here in Isaan for kids at primary or secondary schools because families have no money to buy laptops, consequently they have been closed for 2 years and probably will close again if someone attending is tested positive.

17 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

In your first papagraph you talk about returning home to Thailand.

Your last paragraoh you talk about travelers.

You are measuring apples and oranges or chalk and cheese.

Totally different kettle of fish.

TP and insurance  is an immense turnoff to my Aussie mates.

I'm Here in Aussie now worst luck, and I always have travel insurance no TP is going to put me of getting back to LOS. Just think yourself lucky you are living there cause this land down under is <deleted>. Maybe if your mates are turned off coming back maybe stay away from the bar girls. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Okay well they still arn’t clear about night time entertainment being allowed to open, which is always a vital part of the trip

And anyone planning on travelling to Thailand would also be taking that into account.