Thai crypto exchanges suspend LUNA and UST trading after major meltdown

webfact

1 minute ago, smedly said:

some serious losses right there - crypto is pretty close to a scheme wre you are actually buying nothing except a sentiment - it is a phantom expectation driven by absolutely nothing .............and yet 

Many of the 1000's of 'crypto' projects are absolute and complete garbage.

But not all of them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Luckily i never diversified my crypto holdings to either of those two. 

Out of interest: Was it luck or was there ever a reason not to invest in them (relative to other crypto)?

Are the people who lost now everything just unlucky that it happened to them?

(I am asking, I have almost no idea of crypto and I don't know)

• Thanks 1

I saw yesterday close to BITEC a publicity that from 15th MAY, there will be a Crypto Expo running for a few days.

A lot of Thais, attracted to the "quickly" become rich hype have got their fingers burned.

How often do I see them sitting in Starbucks or other locations, buying and selling crypto.

Welcome back to earth and hopefully this annoying publicity from "Bitkub" will slow down.

12 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Main reason was I never invested or dabbled in altcoins. Was always a bitcoiner from the very start and will remain this way. These "alternative" coins are fraught with risks ("rug pull" scams) and danger (liquidity issues).

Will hold on to my BTC until the market recovers, no matter how long it takes.  ????

Screenshot 2022-05-14 10.56.55.png

are you not bitter and twisted that you didn't but say $1K of SHIB at ICO and dump it all at ATH? I am ????????????

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

are you not bitter and twisted that you didn't but say $1K of SHIB at ICO and dump it all at ATH? I am ????????????

Not at all. I am thankful for my disciplined 11-yr patience which was worth it ???? 

Screenshot 2022-05-14 11.54.07.png

3 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Not at all. I am thankful for my disciplined 11-yr patience which was worth it ???? 

Screenshot 2022-05-14 11.54.07.png

but it's intangible and it's GOING TO ZERO!!!

srsly, nice work bro. the Dom Perignon's on you wen BTC mewns ????

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

And so the dominoes begin to fall.

I feel sorry for the huge losses some have and will encounter in the next few months as others follow suit.

Its gonna be a painful bumpy ride the next few months.

Interesting. Are you following the crypto market 'closely'? (My son and his friends apparently lost a bunch of Baht & USD). Fortunately, although it's a lot to my son, he only lost around $2K, but his friends lost a lot more $20k+ (yes, USD).  Sad.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

some serious losses right there - crypto is pretty close to a scheme wre you are actually buying nothing except a sentiment - it is a phantom expectation driven by absolutely nothing .............and yet 

A friend of mine calls it a Ponzi scheme. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Out of interest: Was it luck or was there ever a reason not to invest in them (relative to other crypto)?

Are the people who lost now everything just unlucky that it happened to them?

(I am asking, I have almost no idea of crypto and I don't know)

I read the story

Sounded like bs

I like btc, eth, algo, solano

8 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Interesting. Are you following the crypto market 'closely'? (My son and his friends apparently lost a bunch of Baht & USD). Fortunately, although it's a lot to my son, he only lost around $2K, but his friends lost a lot more $20k+ (yes, USD).  Sad.

And what do they now? Invest more money in more crypto because sure it will go up again?

• Like 1