Help with Setting Up Bangkok Bank Account While Still Living in US

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I’ve seen a couple in the past though no exact recollection as to how long ago andno information as to other proof 

I wouldn't be posting that a few months of transfers is adequate for income method for first extension retirement.

You have read a couple.

I have never seen one. 

It has come up often and the answer is money in bank is only option for first extension without embassy income letter. 

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you sure, about the income method being allowed for the Visa Exempt -->30 day ext-->Non-O 90 day-->1 year ext?

Based on many, many other threads and posts, it seems like the 800,000 method is the only one currently allowed?

Google: thailand convert visa exempt to Non-o retirement income site:aseannow.com

Quoting UbonJoe here 

"The transfers of 65k baht to prove your income is not listed on the requirements to apply for the non-o visa. It only shows proof on income from a embassy or 800k baht in a Thai bank."

Yes, you may be able to transition to the income method on your second annual extension renewal with twelve (12) qualifying foreign transfers.

Coming in visa Exempt requires no income proof for a long time stay, although I think they could ask you to show a 20,000 baht figure upon entering. Then once here, figure on starting the procedure to transition to an "O Visa" for reason of retirement. I think UbonJoe will confirm going this route will not need to show 800K baht in the Thai bank nor a full year of 65K baht transfers upon first application but rather for resulting Extension of Stay. Requirements do change, my only personal experience on an O-A since 2011 is by using the monthly income method.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes I did as the OP is from the USA so can’t qualify under 6 and doesn’t qualify under 7.

There might others reading this topic that can get proof of income from their embassy and think they could not use it.