Supporting documentation required on www.thaievisa.go.th - correct?

I am not able to organise insurance for Non O easily as my partner is over 75.  In a previous post I said that according to supporting documents we needed to provide Thai Insurance - not my understanding however happy to be flexible ....

The whole point of dropping our OA was because the O didn't need Thai insurance (we have worldwide BUPA) however that seems wrong?  

So I thought I'd just get a 60 day tourist visa and worry about it when we got to Thailand.  The supporting docs are also so bizarre.  Do I have the right website?  There are 12 supporting documents on the list including impossible to obtain / incomprehensible ones.

1. Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport

2. A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement

3. Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

I am floundering with this.  Any advice appreciated.  Or should30 I just enter on a 30 day tourist visa and sort in Samui?

Thanks and forgive me if being thick.

37 minutes ago, Marjf said:

1. Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport

2. A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement

3. Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

Is this for Non-O retirement? If so

1. This may be for your place of stay. You can upload one day hotel booking or your lease agreement if you rent a condo or your chanote if you own it. 
2. I don't recall 2. I recall fund verification (I think 200K Baht) or a pension letter.

3. In the USA, one can upload their driver license to verify address. For other countries any other address verification so that they match the embassy/consulate where you are applying if multiple options are available. For example, in the US, there are four places one can apply. So, you driver license address must match the zone where you are applying. 

Yip, that page is a mess.

I got told this for METV requirements...direct from Thai London Emb. by email.

A list of documents

1.  Passport or travel document with validity, not less than 6 months 
2.  Your recent photo (selfie is acceptable)
3.  Photo of applicant holding his/her passport
4.  Proof of residency e.g. council tax bills, driving license
5.  Financial evidence showing saving of not less than £5,000 e.g. bank statements, for at least 1 month 
6. Your flight and accommodation (hotel booking for the first few days will be acceptable) details

7. Travel history in the last 1 year- please upload a page of your passport with visa stamp, or a blank page if not travelled in the past year

...then get to the job invite garbage question which cannot be ignored.

You can partially complete an application to give you an idea of what you will need to start preparing, you'll get to the third step which is approximately 14 jpeg/pdf uploads of supporting docs which is much greater enhanced from what is listed on the information page.

Edited by mnomad

Hi all and thanks.  It is the same today.  It seems to me that it is clearly an error but there is no way past.  Are there any other ways of applying for visas from the UK rather than through thaivisa.go.th?  I will try and submit with jpegs saying 'this is not required for a tourist visa' but not optmistic.  If anyone has any updates please say. 

Also any thoughts or input on if we go in on normal 30 day entry will be be able to change to an O in Thailand.

40 minutes ago, Marjf said:

Hi all and thanks.  It is the same today.  It seems to me that it is clearly an error but there is no way past.  Are there any other ways of applying for visas from the UK rather than through thaivisa.go.th?  I will try and submit with jpegs saying 'this is not required for a tourist visa' but not optmistic.  If anyone has any updates please say. 

Also any thoughts or input on if we go in on normal 30 day entry will be be able to change to an O in Thailand.

Just follow my list for METV...for SETV you need to check money amounts which is less.

I got my METV in 2 working days following the exact 7 steps I listed above.

Blank jpg for pension/job invite question

Blank jpg for 'upload your ID doc if not UK national' or some such nonsense question.

Get your upload docs converted to jpg if required...

https://pdf2jpg.net/

Make sure all flights are merged in correct SEQUENCE in 1 document if its a chain of connecting flights...you must include a UK origin flight if applying to UK Thai consulate..just stating the obvious.

https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf

All mine were jpg uploaded on each question - but read someone else uploaded a pdf here-and there...don't quote me on that though....3rd party snippet.

Close your mouth for selfie photo and selfie with passport photo...make sure passport in focus and full face seen in selfie with passport photo....try not to look like a sinister gangster in selfies...haha.

Book 3 days through booking.com etc...all that is needed.

They need to add a 'not applicable' tick/checkbox to the page

You cannot hit submit until all questions answered with uploads.

This is going to hit many a non-tech savy person applying for SETV or METV....stupid stupid web GUI.

A good stack of cash well beyond £5k in bank statement may help but not necessary...

I even converted my bank statement from pdf to jpg to be on safe side.

The whole thing is beyond so many who cannot manipulate documents/convert documents...older/non-computery types...

It is an utter farce as it is to be honest the covoluted hoops you have to jump through.

I miss triple tourist visas from Hull..is all I'm saying...simplicity in itself.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Thanks 1

Thanks freedomnow.  I was beginning to think it was just me!  Yes Thailand pass was a breeze (I was part of the first week idiots last year so can convert my pdfs to jpegs with the best of them).   

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Book 3 days through booking.com etc...all that is needed.

I uploaded one day bookings done at agoda that shows not paid. 

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

This is going to hit many a non-tech savy person applying for SETV or METV....stupid stupid web GUI.

I did not find it difficulty in uploading documents they asked for. It is all very clear to me. 

16 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I uploaded one day bookings done at agoda that shows not paid. 

I did not find it difficulty in uploading documents they asked for. It is all very clear to me. 

Well you found the exception didn't you ?

I'm just following to the letter of what I was told by consul so as not to be tripped up on a METV visa which costs £150...and not going tell poeple on a public forum to book one when it says 3 so they don't have hassles and may be under time pressure and may lose their flights etc etc.

Anything you don't get about that......................?

There is one question on METV that is irrelevent and only way round it is to upload a blank jpg..some people do not even know what a jpg is never mind a blank one..or why they would have to

upload it.

Honestly, go out your way to help people and get your kind of post right after...................................

OP if you can get BUPA to sign the "foreign insurance certificate" you can use that to get non-O visa.

It us not required that it by a policy from a Thai company.

But the wording of the Foreign Insurance Certif puts a lot of insurers off.

Some Embassies understand this and may except regular insurance certificate instead...ask the Embassy involved.