Do you have to make an appointment to go to immigration?

As i have not been to Thailand for a while i have heard you now have to make an appointment to extend your visa due to the pandemic at immigration. I was hoping to go to Khon Kaen immigration to extend a visa exempt .Could anyone tell me if this is the case and if so,are there any links to how i make this appointment.Thanks Capo 5.

No you don’t. 

I’m in Khon Kaen and I booked a slot for my yearly extension and it was a waste of time. 

KKC immigration is pretty good, but there are usually a lot of people there, it’s efficient and stress-free, it’s generally best to start there in the morning. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, recom273 said:

No you don’t. 

I’m in Khon Kaen and I booked a slot for my yearly extension and it was a waste of time. 

KKC immigration is pretty good, but there are usually a lot of people there, it’s efficient and stress-free, it’s generally best to start there in the morning. 

At Trat immigration I have been told to come in the Afternoon, after the morning rush , they always get through everybody before closing time. Just saying.

Never had an appointment at Khon Kaen immigration in ten years.

Most often less than 30 min waiting. Only once had an unlucky day when the old office shack was stuffed with people in the afternoon.

Some people say that no appointment in Chiang mai, many people wait for hours

strange that a so big immigration with so many expats don't experiment  appointment ! my very small one does and it's very easy now to  have an extension 

33 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Some people say that no appointment in Chiang mai, many people wait for hours

strange that a so big immigration with so many expats don't experiment  appointment ! my very small one does and it's very easy now to  have an extension 

It is possible to make a appointment for Chiang Mai immigration.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/