TESLA Crashes - is it over?

15 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

No, Billy boy (Gates) said he would go short on Tesla. Seems that Elon kicked him in the balls with this Twitter acquisition. Billy boy lost it a bit and want to control everything. Elon has different thoughts.

Seems like Gates called it right. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

TESLA was $1,225 6 months ago and now plummeted to $730. 

Keep up, it's at $769 today,

The stock has not "plummeted", it has moved gradually downwards with some substantial increases over the last six months.  To have "plummeted" the price would have to have moved dramatically downwards in a very short period, it hasn't done that.

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

NO. We are going to see alot of corrections ahead. And one huge one, where I predict the DOW dropping to 5,500. 

Housing prices in the US will be following as well, many over priced and overvalued properties.  Hopefully my properties obtained at the bottom of the last bubble burst will still be in good shape.  At least I have renters in them all, who have jobs still......Never raised the rent on them in the past 3 years because of Covid and even then there was no need to be greedy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Housing prices in the US will be following as well, many over priced and overvalued properties.  Hopefully my properties obtained at the bottom of the last bubble burst will still be in good shape.  At least I have renters in them all, who have jobs still......Never raised the rent on them in the past 3 years because of Covid and even then there was no need to be greedy.

Good on you. Yes, the prices will definitely correct. The US RE market is like a huge helium balloon, and with rising rates, the market is already cooling off. You are likely in a secure position having bought well. And rents will drop, but who knows by how much? Again, sounds like you are in a secure position, as nothing is grossly over inflated. Good for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest truthman

It's still way overvalued but TESLA valuations have never made sense, which is why it's so hard to predict what it's going to do in the future.

How does it compare to the other EV stocks?

So, a few guys get together and invent a currency - you can't see it or touch it... I am not even sure what this means, but there can be mining involved though there is nothing tangible to extract... but mostly, it's imaginary... 

then go try and set a sustainable value to it? No wonder it is volatile... 

Tsla is at least a vehicle - it's not over, it just may have been overvalued in the past - but there are many companies that have been hit in the crunch of reality... look at NIO or PLTR or PYPL or BABA or so many others.. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not sure your point, I think everyone knows crypto is more volatile than top stocks. 

Your point in the OP's cherry picking was ?

Stocks go up & down.  Surely back up when T2 hits the market.

Again when the truck hits the market.

Cherry picking last 6 months for a stock that's been around for over a decade  ... hmm.

Edited by KhunLA

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Cherry picking last 6 months for a stock that's been around for over a decade  ... hmm.

Try the last month. No cherry picking here. 

Actually, I was copying the crypto thread where someone picked 6 months and said crypto has crashed. 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Try the last month. No cherry picking here. 

Actually, I was copying the crypto thread where someone picked 6 months and said crypto has crashed. 

Can't be bothered, as don't own and will never buy either.

Peace Out

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Just read this, the US is finished - 

I think BtC is the only safe asset in the future. 

Comments like that guy .com make are patently silly. It evidences either a total lack of understanding of how governments work and what they know, or it's just clickbait drivel.

Markets and the economy dwarf govt. NOBODY in govt can possibly be on top of what's going on in private industry, and even if they were aware, they lack both the knowledge and tools to affect much of anything.

There is always this meme of 'THEM': some cabal of manipulative, all-knowing, all-powerful leaders who work secretly behind the scenes, or in places/organizations like Bilderberg/Davos/Bohemian Grove/CFR/Trilateralists/Skull&Bones/etc. It's all pulp fiction and Hollywood B-fare, though it appeals to the unsophisticated, gullible and naive.

Here's a secret: everybody at the top hates somebody else at the top, whether the 'top' means business or politics. They not only do not cooperate, they live for the schadenfreude of watching those they hate crash and burn.

The world is far too complex with far too many players and variables for anyone to have any sort of control.

I've had two primary careers that had me working with both govt leaders and business leaders. One thing you learn being in those circles is that it is all a crapshoot. There's no guiding hand. There is some expertise, but also lots of incompetence. In one way it is almost scary how out of control everything is.

The greatest bit of control I ever witnessed was what Obama did in 2009. I don't even know how he pulled it off, but I will be forever grateful. Granted a good deal of it was dumb luck. No way 45 could have handled it. The entire financial system of the world was on the brink of total collapse. Lots of sleepless nights. Obama got the US banks to recapitalize and de-lever. He saved the insurance industry (had insurance collapsed, as it almost did because of AIG, planes would have been grounded, trains halted, trucks taken off the highways, food deliveries stopped), saved the Money Market, saved the auto companies, and rebuilt confidence in the banks. CONFIDENCE is all that separates the world's financial system from a world where we slaughter each other to get a meal. Think Hobbes or Cormac McCarthy.

I doubt we could get so lucky again, so let's hope we suffer only a mild Recession. The US banking system is still pretty sound, but the rest of the world---EU and Asia---is a house of cards that could collapse at any time. (If anyone understands the very different ways the EU and Asia patched up from 2008, vs what the US did, then you understand why I would say House of Cards).

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So happy I saw that, thanks ... ????  

Confirms everything, and for even another reason why we all must be prepping.  If you need any more scare mongering and want to pay to learn how to be a 'prepper' ... this guys YT is all doom & gloom. 

Prep now before it's too late ... ????????????????

Only tuned in because he was giving away a solar generator.  Then get a daily email from him to join prepper this, prepper that, sign up for course, discounted now ....WT F.

Now I'm prepared, oh wait, I was doing that unconsciously before, by going solar, collecting rainwater, and living surfside, JIC, as I'm surrounded by seafood, coconuts & pineapples.

The apocalypse is coming ... find Jesus now.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

I'd still rather own TSLA than TWTR.

Tesla makes something, Twitter monetizes, or attempts to do so, 280 characters.

And they're far ahead of the competition.

Now they've just need to secure enough Ni going forward.

And yes, I'm surprised elon hasn't called Bill Gates "Pedo Guy", yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:50 AM, peter zwart said:

No, Billy boy (Gates) said he would go short on Tesla. Seems that Elon kicked him in the balls with this Twitter acquisition. Billy boy lost it a bit and want to control everything. Elon has different thoughts.

Gates III is not the same as Gates II hopefully.

TESLA is overpriced, with serious quality issues. IMO it's a balloon waiting to be pricked by more agile competitors who will be producing affordable cars.

As for a long-haul EV truck, that's been promised for quite a while, and still is yet to hit the roads.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:17 AM, Neeranam said:

Doomsday coming Jesus is the answer, not BTC! 

BTC steal the protected trademark of religions 

The tech marked have an adjustment coming, but it will survive, because it is products and services we need and it have a value BTC do not have ????????????

Edited by Hummin