No closure of class or school in Thailand if COVID-19 infection is detected

webfact

17 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yep and many schools were open. As for the threat to kids yes they don't tend to get severe disease but they could take it home to their families. 

Exactly.

The elderly and other high risk groups are still in danger.

Sad taht so many are not concerned...

2 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Exactly.

The elderly and other high risk groups are still in danger.

Sad taht so many are not concerned...

Hence the reason they can get vaccinated.

• Like 1

Happy to see some normality this morning.

Students on the way to school.

And I must admit I was surprised that not even a temperature check was done.

I remember some short periods of opening for tests(?) where they did big protocol with temperature check, disinfectant, health volunteers at the gate etc.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Sarawut said that, in case a student, a teacher or other staff is found to be infected, the school management and health officials will jointly work out measures, including isolation at schools, to deal with the problem. If the infected student has no symptoms or only mild symptoms, they can attend class as deemed appropriate, but must be seated at least two metres from the other students and barred from group activities.

Gotta keep those numbers falling....

Thailands road to success... and handling of the Covid infection.

no testing, ignore numbers and tell the world we beat it.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Hence the reason they can get vaccinated.

Personally, I have had two Pfizer shots and one Moderna and one more Moderna booster scheduled - but I am still in a high risk group - that won't change.

Hopefully, if I get COVID it will not be too bad because of my vaccines but it is still quite possible that I will end up in the hospital or dead as will millions of others in a high risk group.

Note many of those in the high risk groups are elderly and have grandchildren who can infect them which is why we need to be super careful - life is certainly not normal at this point in time...

22 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Personally, I have had two Pfizer shots and one Moderna and one more Moderna booster scheduled - but I am still in a high risk group - that won't change.

Hopefully, if I get COVID it will not be too bad because of my vaccines but it is still quite possible that I will end up in the hospital or dead as will millions of others in a high risk group.

Note many of those in the high risk groups are elderly and have grandchildren who can infect them which is why we need to be super careful - life is certainly not normal at this point in time...

I know of a guy who is 72 and had it last week, said it wasn't too bad, a bit like the flu.

He had 3 doses and was due his 4th, that said, he won't be needed a 4th shot now.

Lots of people I know have had it, varying in age, and its usually a sore throat and migraine type of headache, sore eyes for a day or two. 

I believe the worst is over, if your in your 80's and have underlying conditions, it could be another story, that could also be with the seasonal Flu, or Pneumonia, so just keep living and take extra care and you should be right until your expiry date, whenever that is. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

I am currently situated in a village on Thai / Cambodian border in Surin province.

The school in the village 5km down the road from me has not opened today.

The village chief made an announcement last week, after 11 people were found and are currently infected with omicron, and one person died 'with' it.

32 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Its a tough one, but the kids need to go back to school period. The schools cannot be closed indefinitely, kids can pick it up when they play with each other, at the mall. you could get it in a supermarket. Covid is not transmitted solely at schools.

I do feel for you but we have to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Its a tough one, but the kids need to go back to school period. The schools cannot be closed indefinitely, kids can pick it up when they play with each other, at the mall. you could get it in a supermarket. Covid is not transmitted solely at schools.

I do feel for you but we have to move on.

Thank you for your kind words.

Of course kids need to go back to school but all teachers and students need to be vaccinated (unless there is a special reason not to)  - masks need to be worn until the situation is under control. As well as temperature checks and regular ATK checks and Zoom meetings for school conferences shood be available just like disabled parking and wheelchair access etc.

My two teenagers have been back at school for roughly a couple of months now.

My paint is that things are not normal now and we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that they are...

This should see that everything will be fine. It's like they still do not have a clue that this is airborne/aerosol. This rubbish will do absolutely zero to stopping transmission. I'm guessing that a large % of the kids have had it but just don't know they've had it.

thumbnail-_1_.jpg

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Of course kids need to go back to school but all teachers and students need to be vaccinated (unless there is a special reason not to)  - masks need to be worn until the situation is under control. As well as temperature checks and regular ATK checks and Zoom meetings for school conferences shood be available just like disabled parking and wheelchair access etc.

My paint is that things are not normal now and we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that they are...

Temp. checks. Why? Fever is one of the lesser symptoms. I've known 10 people now that have had omicron. One had a slight fever.

2 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

High risk groups are certainly the sole area of concern. But I don't think anything other than personal shielding is possible or indeed perhaps effective.  With Omicron it appears that most serious outcomes are among those with severe personal health issues.  One would hope that they do not come in to close contact with youngsters, but there comes a time when many common viruses can cause fatal outcomes. It's sadly true that medics and carers are often the unwitting carriers. Thailand will likely shortly have access to Evusheld which appears to be the best preventative of all for the vulnerable.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

You're naive if you think the situation re Covid will ever be "normal" - i.e. how it was in 2019.  Are you suggesting that masks, temperature checks (which are pointless anyway), ATK tests should continue forever?  Most countries, certainly in the west, have dispensed with lot.  Thailand needs to follow, but while thankfully not like China, the temptation to issue directives and make people obey pointless rules, while ignoring or not enforcing sensible rules, is part of the culture.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You're naive if you think the situation re Covid will ever be "normal" - i.e. how it was in 2019.  Are you suggesting that masks, temperature checks (which are pointless anyway), ATK tests should continue forever?  Most countries, certainly in the west, have dispensed with lot.  Thailand needs to follow, but while thankfully not like China, the temptation to issue directives and make people obey pointless rules, while ignoring or not enforcing sensible rules, is part of the culture.

I do think/hope that over time vaccines/ and covid treatment will be more effective and COVID will be under reasonable control.

Sorry to hear that you feel that masks and temperature checks are pointless; every doctor that I have asked about this doesn't agree with your view. Masks especially are very useful.

The West does not always do what is correct. A friend of mine in California recently got COVID and after five days his ATK results were still positive yet current rules in California allowed him to go outside...

25 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hopefully it will get back to normal. Just like catching a cold is normal. Don't know about everyone else but I've had some terrible colds (not flu) that have knocked me flat for a few days and seem to linger for some time. Society doesn't come to a grinding halt even though 1000's, 10s of 1000's, 100s of 000s will get infected. As this Omicron evolves it appears as though it getting less severe each time and more infectious. Omicron it would seem is the way out of this. With each new variant it's out competing the previous variant which initially saw the end of Delta. Eventually/Hopefully it will just be another type of common cold. It's time now to completely open up. There's no point trying to stop it because it can't be stopped. 

• Like 2