Al Reem lounge in Abu Dhabi.

Harveyboy

hi couldn't find the best place on the forum for this so general chat..

ok does anyone know if the Al Reem lounge in Abu Dhabi is open 

ive looked on the net and got some saying open others saying not 

im looking to book with etihad but got a 6 hour stop over ..only going to book if can chill in the lounge 

Has anyone been there recently..tks 

7 hours ago, treetops said:

If Al Reem was the Priority Pass Lounge then I think it's gone but you can use the Al Dhabi lounge.  4 hours maximum stay.

i used the lounge using my silver membership free unlimited time in there .. do you know if the Al Dhabi lounge just replaces it at no cost 

tried a dozen times to contact Etihad Nothing sod all thanks mate 

14 hours ago, treetops said:

4 hours maximum stay

They're flexible. 

I used to fly out of Jeddah, stop over Abu Dhabi on the way to BKK. 

9 out of 10 times one of the old guys would die on the plane coming back from Mecca. 

It was always a longer stop over when someone died, a bloody bummer, had to stay at the bar drinking till the plane was ready. 

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

They're flexible. 

I used to fly out of Jeddah, stop over Abu Dhabi on the way to BKK. 

9 out of 10 times one of the old guys would die on the plane coming back from Mecca. 

It was always a longer stop over when someone died, a bloody bummer, had to stay at the bar drinking till the plane was ready. 

i phoned Etihad yesterday as no reply to my dozen mails ..the girl said can use international lounge terminal 3 but to be honest didn't seem to know much ..also i asked about the 23 kilo extra allowance i used to have said it was 10 now but couldn't find anything on the site she told me loads of time to refer to Etihad by mail Well we know how that works eh 

Thanks mate so you say international lounge 4 hours max ..that should be enough for me to wet my Whistle eh 

57 minutes ago, treetops said:

This page says Al Reem Lounge and 10kg luggage, or 23kg if USA/Canada bound in Economy Class, 32kg if Business or First.  I'm sure Al Reem is gone but a Silver at home base will definitely get something so either Al Dhabi or the Business Class lounge.

https://www.etihadguest.com/en/our-programme/tiers-and-status.html?_linkNav=Tiers_and_Status

Not business - if you're not a business class traveller then only Gold can use the business class lounge unless you upgrade using miles (AUH Only).

Edited by KhaoYai

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Not business - if you're not a business class traveller then only Gold can use the business class lounge.

Some airlines have been juggling lounge use in Covid times that's why I suggested it as a possibility.  I agree in regular times it wouldn't be.

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

Some airlines have been juggling lounge use in Covid times that's why I suggested it as a possibility.  I agree in regular times it wouldn't be.

Possibly but Etihad are not being very flexible at the moment. I'm about to lose the gold status I've had since 2008 because I haven't travelled enough - how could I?  I've been in touch with them but they're not moving.  Yes, they extended people's status once but they did that when people couldn't travel at all.  They forget that although its been possible to travel to Thailand for a while - there have been quite severe restrictions/conditions for most of that time.  I wasn't about to start travelling to other countries just to keep my status.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, treetops said:

This page says Al Reem Lounge and 10kg luggage, or 23kg if USA/Canada bound in Economy Class, 32kg if Business or First.  I'm sure Al Reem is gone but a Silver at home base will definitely get something so either Al Dhabi or the Business Class lounge.

https://www.etihadguest.com/en/our-programme/tiers-and-status.html?_linkNav=Tiers_and_Status

i got a mail back about my luggage  allowance 35k+10k free + 7k carry on + 5k personal but had nothing definite about lounge access ill see if i can get into the one you said ..tks for the help

On 5/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

How bloody inconsiderate of them.............:omfg:

52 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

How bloody inconsiderate of them.............:omfg:

Naaah, no problem, plenty of booze to drink. 

I'm lucky, glad it didn't happen at one of the Saudi lounges, I would have been stuck drinking BudWeiser 0%. 

19 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Naaah, no problem, plenty of booze to drink. 

I'm lucky, glad it didn't happen at one of the Saudi lounges, I would have been stuck drinking BudWeiser 0%. 

god forbid..