Reopening of Pubs, Bars Mulled in Green Zones

snoop1130

Untitledปฟฟ.jpg

BANGKOK, May 18 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Friday will consider the reopening of pubs and bars in green zones, according to a source.

A high-level source at the Ministry of Public Health said that as the COVID-19 situation was improving in the country, public health officials were considering the introduction of the green zones where COVID-19 control measures would be relaxed and pubs and bars could be reopened.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The officials would finalize the zones and propose the new zoning measure and the reopening of pubs and bars to the CCSA’s meeting on May 20.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-944061

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-05-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

What a joke Thailand has become. Bars are officially banned but all are open as they changed to restuarants. Funny how so many of the new restuarant bars I just visited had no food

But hey, let's open the bars...

How long is this going to go on for? I am not getting any younger!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nobody has ever defined that prohibition intelligibly. I can understand crowded bars, and clubs, where you have to shout to be heard, and in the process you release alot of spittle. But a restaurant or hotel? Why? It only appears to be an additional hardship for hundreds of thousands who are only trying to make a living, and patrons who are only trying to let off a little steam and enjoy some much needed recreation. If anything, allowing drinking in restaurants brings down the national crime rates! Beer does not cause Covid. Neither does wine. But, prohibiting acholol sales does sabotage an industry and contribute to the continued destruction of the nation's economy. 

The CCSA continues to prove on a daily basis how lost in space they are, how out of their element they are, how in over their heads they are, and how extreme their denial of science based facts is.

Idiotic politicians who institute highly selective shutdowns, while favoring their cronies and the rich developers and factory owners, and allow corrupt border officials on the take, to ply their trade, does cause the spread of Covid. So much more could have been done to prevent the spread, and even possibly the entire 3rd wave. 

Let them all reopen. Time to let covid go. 

It's a bit sad and ridiculous that the Thai authorities and "scientific" community haven't really caught with any logical reasoning as applying to present day COVID and society. Still appear to be ten steps behind a good portion of the world and present COVID-related management/policies. 

It's an officialdom learning curve thing combined their traditional knee-jerk authoritarian patronage shadow on society. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed! Beer, wine or whisky?? (photo mulled beer)

image.jpeg.9ebf593e05546fb399e9989be829f742.jpeg

I asked Lady Fothering-GinSmythe about that.

She said Mulled wine always remended her of Xmas and happy times at New Year on the family estate and mulled whisky reminded her of wonderful times in the family villa in Switzerland with food and gifts to hand out to the poor on Sundays but mulled beer just made her fart.

• Haha 1

Over our school summer break, my wife and I enjoyed a trip down to BKK and my favourite Sukhumvit pub. It was operating as normal. No distancing, no masks. Food was optional. Few weeks later, took an ATK test before coming back to school. Negative. No prob.

Colleagues of mine have either tested positive, or had Covid-like symptoms, which went away in 3-4 days.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

All my favourite bars have been opened for months. 

I haven't noticed any food available, although I've seen some massive melons.

How about peaches? Have you seen any soft, round peaches?

Asking for a friend ????

• Haha 1