Discussion on “safe passage” among APEC members takes centre stage

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo from Facebook page APEC 2022 Thailand

Senior APEC officials have continued to discuss proposals related to “safe passage” schemes which, as part of Thailand’s priorities, could be key deliverables, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Tanee Sangrat.

Tanee said that, at the 2nd APEC Safe Passage Taskforce (SPTF2) Meeting, held on Monday and chaired by Director General of Department of International Economics Affairs Cherdchai Chaivaivid, senior APEC officials discussed ways to push the safe passage agenda, in realisation of Thailand’s “Connect in all Dimensions” initiative.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The APEC Safe Passage Taskforce (SPTF), established this year, follows Thailand’s recommendation to coordinate APEC’s efforts on safe passage.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/discussion-on-safe-passage-among-apec-members-takes-centre-stage/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Safe passage?? Most Asean countries has opened their borders and figured out what is safe for them. Thailand still believes that 10k scam Insurance and cumbersome ThaiPass approval would keep bringing trillions of baht to Thai economy.

Yawn, here we go again, and no "scam screamer" has ever answered this question, maybe you can be the first.

Explain the scam.  The insurance requirements are very minimal and have been reduced several times already.  You can buy from any insurance company you like - foreign or Thai - there is no mandate to use any company.  If you are employed here you do not need any insurance as you are covered by Thai social security.  So where is the scam?  Can you please enlighten me.

And the cumbersome Thai Pass take 5-6 minutes and is pretty simple, and you receive your approval in a  matter of hours.  No better or worse than many other countries.  Likely it will be gone soon but it really is not hard, I suspect though that you've never done it.

Anyway, enlighten me as to the scam please, I might learn something.