Thailand to consider further easing of COVID-19 restrictions on Friday

snoop1130

LINE_ALBUM_พัทยาlover-ช่วงโควิด-19_210924.jpg

The easing of restrictions on entertainment venues, such as bars and pubs, readjustment of COVID zoning and the lowering of the national alert level, from Level 3 to 2, are expected to be considered by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) tomorrow (Friday).

Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said today that, as the COVID-19 situation steadily improves, with fewer infections and deaths, the CCSA will consider easing of restrictions in line with the COVID-19 situation.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The measures to be discussed, he said, include re-zoning, the lowering of the alert level and easing of restrictions, such as allowing pubs, bars and karaoke bars to reopen fully in some areas especially touristic provinces. Currently, some such venues are allowed to open as “eateries”, as long as they meet the requirements set by the authorities.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-to-consider-further-easing-of-covid-19-restrictions-on-friday/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wiggy said:

All I hope for is the dropping of wearing face nappies outdoors. It’s just plain stupid. 

They are called surgical masks....

Are you actually wearing a nappy on your face instead? 

• Haha 1

Just now, daveAustin said:

It’ll never happen; keeps people compliant!

Of course it will..... 

If anything remains for longer I expect it will be limited indoor requirement, public transport, banks, that type of thing. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

They are called surgical masks....

Are you actually wearing a nappy on your face instead? 

I have seen people with paper masks ,no wonder why they can't breathe. If it was a used nappy mask breathing may be also hard and smiley.

Edited by vandeventer

12 hours ago, Wiggy said:

All I hope for is the dropping of wearing face nappies outdoors. It’s just plain stupid. 

As is being joined at the hip on an oxygen bottle later in life because of all the pollution you inhaled.

But hey, it's a free world.

1 minute ago, sezze said:

Since i am now 9 days in Thailand already , i can honestly say , that the way the people are wearing the masks

You came all the way here to watch how people go about mask wearing and banging on about it. There are better ways to enjoy your time here I assure you. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You came all the way here to watch how people go about mask wearing and banging on about it. There are better ways to enjoy your time here I assure you. 

I only made a observation . They can keep the rules as they want , it is their country . Same like the Chinese can spray the aircraft runways with disinfectant , 0 result but hey if they like to do , up to them . I only observing the way the masks are worn , which in many times is just not working at all . For me 10 baht for a few masks is nothing , i got bundles of masks ready , even 3M FFP2 same like worn in the hospitals for working with covid patients . However for many people the 10 baht masks is money they can't actually miss . In this regard , make the masks use as good as it gets , not a stupid feature which does not stop anything .

24 minutes ago, sezze said:

... Masks should be used indoors or in public transport and the air inside should be vented out as much as possible at all times , in order to get virus particles out as fast as possible .

If you flip the recirculate vent on the car, it will suck in all those nasty omicrons from the outside.

Vehicle ventilation is one-way only, it doesn't exchange air, it either recirculates the air inside the cab or it draws air in from the outside and mixes it with the air in the cab.

For example, if you fart in the car, you open the window, you don't flip the recirculation vent.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you flip the recirculate vent on the car, it will suck in all those nasty omicrons from the outside.

Vehicle ventilation is one-way only, it doesn't exchange air, it either recirculates the air inside the cab or it draws air in from the outside and mixes it with the air in the cab.

For example, if you fart in the car, you open the window, you don't flip the recirculation vent.

Virus particles do not life long in open air , and they are spread around diluting the particles . Indoor circulation with a taxi driver makes me breath in the same air as he breaths out . Then a facemask does not help ( a FFP2 worn correct still does help ) .

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Had an hour on Beach Road yesterday, very few farangs wearing masks. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

As is being joined at the hip on an oxygen bottle later in life because of all the pollution you inhaled.

But hey, it's a free world.

But there is also a new player in the game called  Monkeypox it's in America a few cases but kills 1 in 10.people The CDC said it is hard to catch but ordered millions of vaccines  Something fishy here?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

But there is also a new player in the game called  Monkeypox it's in America a few cases but kills 1 in 10.people The CDC said it is hard to catch but ordered millions of vaccines  Something fishy here?

nahh , it's just the press jumping on it , after covid . There's like dozens of diseases breakout every year , sometimes something is more common or happening but nothing to worry about . Few years ago it was meningitis , this year there is a hepatitis and monkey pox . Later this year maybe 1 or 2 more being picked up by the press .

BTW , if you are a bit older , and you did get smallpox vaccination , you prob are protected also . Nothing to even to be the slightest of worry about , leave that to virologists . Unless you see a big outbreak in 1 or 2 places , then it is time to worry , not for 1-2-3 people .

Let's get rid of the masks. If the authorities want to keep them, to make sure the fear and paranoia remain, let's just say NO! 

It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The other day I was in an outdoor restaurant, and there was an entire table of people wearing masks. As soon as the food arrives, they will not only be taking off their masks, but digging into the common area food with their own spoons, which they have already eaten with. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning. 

It is really about keeping the people scared, at this time. Numbers continue to drop, standard cloth masks have limited effectiveness, wearing them outdoors is downright silly, and this ultra paranoid behavior has to stop. The government and goons like Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration. 

Questioning the narrative is essential to life, prosperity and well being. Being a lemming is not a desirable trait. We all know how minor the effect of a cloth mask is. Defy nonsense. Be disobedient. Defy stupidity and big brother's diabolical scare mongering nonsense, every chance you get. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I'll have to search for some info on that.. first time I've heard of it.

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Let's get rid of the masks. If the authorities want to keep them, to make sure the fear and paranoia remain, let's just say NO! 

It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The other day I was in an outdoor restaurant, and there was an entire table of people wearing masks. As soon as the food arrives, they will not only be taking off their masks, but digging into the common area food with their own spoons, which they have already eaten with. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning. 

It is really about keeping the people scared, at this time. Numbers continue to drop, standard cloth masks have limited effectiveness, wearing them outdoors is downright silly, and this ultra paranoid behavior has to stop. The government and goons like Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration. 

Questioning the narrative is essential to life, prosperity and well being. Being a lemming is not a desirable trait. We all know how minor the effect of a cloth mask is. Defy nonsense. Be disobedient. Defy stupidity and big brother's diabolical scare mongering nonsense, every chance you get. 

yes , exactly the same i said , with even more examples . Any country can impose any rule they want , but they got to be useful in a sort of way . Basically , i see 0 changes from behavior of people then before covid . Now i do understand it , but then the masks have to go also . In the village here , people are coming over and drinking and having food together , just like they did before . Wearing a mask until you go to other people and then sit down and talk eat together in group and then leave put mask back on , until they go other place , doing the same  well then there is simply no point at all  . 1st line of defense against spreading the virus ( or any virus that is) is stopping human to human contact . Masks do work in places where you cannot avoid contact . Now its wearing a mask where you do not meet others and when you are making contact with others , take the mask off .

• Thanks 1