Trees in Pattaya - where to get them cheaply?

bigtime

Hi all. I want to get a few trees for the backyard - 2 or 3 big ones and a bunch of smaller ones along the back fence. Problem is, everywhere I go here in pattaya proper they seem to be taking the pizz a bit on prices. Has anyone got a company they use, say in sattahip or si racha or similar, that does nice big trees at great prices? Not looking for palm trees, more like the big leafy ones that provide a lot of shadow. Thanks in advance for any leads. 

while we're at it, if you all have any good suppliers of topsoil or lanscaping rocks that would be helpful too

Edited by bigtime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigtime said:

everywhere I go here in pattaya

Have you been to the weekend garden market opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital?  If you have and find their prices too high, I'd suggest heading over to Sattahip, my wife has a cousin there and we often stop at some garden shops for bags of soil, wife says they're cheaper in Sattahip.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bbko said:

Have you been to the weekend garden market opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital?  If you have and find their prices too high, I'd suggest heading over to Sattahip, my wife has a cousin there and we often stop at some garden shops for bags of soil, wife says they're cheaper in Sattahip.

yes, they don't really have much selection in the way of big leafy trees, understandably. Found a really good place on siam country club road with lots of trees, but the prices are stupidly jacked up - 40,000 per tree in some cases, which is ludicrous. Re: Sattahip, as mentioned in my original post that is indeed my plan, but what i am looking for is someone who already has a contact down there that provides this service so i don't need to drive around looking in the wrong places. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Or, alternatively, find a quiet rural area around Pattaya and dig a few up ????????

That was joke honestly, I do not condone theft. ????????????

understand it was a joke lol, but regardless, doing it myself is not an option since i want a big mature tree, the kind that likely requires a guy with his own truck/crane

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buy small as they  do grow pretty fast here......I had a Banyan tree went from a bush to way too big in a few year and actually had to cut it down before it damaged walls. Some came from garden centres along Hwy 36 . Soil can be found near there too......  https://goo.gl/maps/E7ikjWNiB3uPqqNy7

(Haven't used it myself but copied it for future reference off here).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, bigtime said:

understand it was a joke lol, but regardless, doing it myself is not an option since i want a big mature tree, the kind that likely requires a guy with his own truck/crane

Some places will place the tree for the price quoted.

A truck with a crane and a crew for a few hours.

The bigger the tree the higher the price.

IMG_20210731_082715.jpg