2 policemen transferred for allegedly assaulting 3 youths in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

2 hours ago, MarcB said:

In Europe they'll lose their jobs, and income.

They'll have to pay a fine and ho to jail.

Here in Thailand... they get a lovely desk job

<deleted>

Sadly true.

Procedure should be:

Inactive post.

Swift imvestigation.

If found guilty-kick then out..

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A motorcycle headed towards them, travelling in the wrong lane, and it was stopped by the two policemen.

Clearly not what happened ....They purposely headed towards the police car and waived at the cops to get out of their car as they were hoping for the help of the latter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

The kids made  a traffic violation and should be fined accordingly. The police officers should be fired and jailed after going to court. The yought should sue them. I don't like punks but I'm disgusted with the behavior of the Thai police on a daily base. No day goes by that they did not F... somewhere big time. they are a disgrace for the country. I have no problems to put gang members in boot camps for reeducation but that should decide by a judge and not the police.

what about the one who was illegally carry a gun

5 minutes ago, flexomike said:

what about the one who was illegally carry a gun

As far as I am aware it it not illegal for Thai nationals to own and carry a gun. It only illegal for foreigners

1 minute ago, RobU said:

As far as I am aware it it not illegal for Thai nationals to own and carry a gun. It only illegal for foreigners

And the twist is Thai current cops/resigned cops/dismissed cops have been caught a few times illegally peddling second hand hand guns, especially to teeenagers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RobU said:

I don't think any of them were old enough to have a gun permit, need to be at least twenty years old

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MarcB said:

Still, 2 kids didnt have a gun.

They were still involved in gang activity with someone with a gun.  They could have easily been involved in a situation where they, their friends, or someone else was shot and possibly killed.

• Like 1

Stands to reason that some Thai police actually trying to address a threat to public safety involving the breaking of the law would end badly.

Thai people generally don't really want the law to be enforced unless they are directly a victim of a crime.

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Actually they were running TO the police to get help because they were being chased by a rival gang and felt their lives were in danger. Even in Europe, it would be ok once you explain.

Did they run because they didn't get the chance to use their gun? Then picked the wrong the way and met the police. 

Nothing like a gun to make a nothing think he is a something important.

Just sayin'

11 hours ago, bfc1980 said:

If it was my kid riding a scooter on the wrong side of the road (no doubt without a helmet as well) and carrying a gun, I'd kick the sh!t out of him as well instead of filing a complaint. But maybe that's exactly why my kid wouldn't do that. 

Funny, that's what almost every parent whose kid gets caught doing something wrong says............ "Nah, my kid wouldn't do that!" 

????????????

(I remember my dad being astounded when, at 30, I told him some of the things I had done as a kid. And I never even told him half of it, nor the worst of it! ????????????

I wasn't a good kid. I was just really good at being a bad kid!) 

Cheers! 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well little opportunity to take money behind a desk so they lose income too!

If you are on the active strength of a police station or unit, the you get a share ( monthly?) of the police stations takings, formal and informal. Obviously it varies from location to location, and depends on rank, but it will be a significant supplement if not more than the regular salary. 

If you are sent to an "inactive post" you are taken of this list - it hurts financially!

Edited by herfiehandbag

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

They were still involved in gang activity with someone with a gun.  They could have easily been involved in a situation where they, their friends, or someone else was shot and possibly killed.

I haven't read much about it, but what I have read suggests they were FLEEING gang activity, not "involved in it." 

And they weren't caught by the cops, they sought the cops out. Gang members would be very unlikely to do that. It's the sort of thing that's considered "against the code." 

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Funny, that's what almost every parent whose kid gets caught doing something wrong says............ "Nah, my kid wouldn't do that!" 

????????????

(I remember my dad being astounded when, at 30, I told him some of the things I had done as a kid. And I never even told him half of it, nor the worst of it! ????????????

I wasn't a good kid. I was just really good at being a bad kid!) 

Cheers! 

I fully expect my kid to do some of things I did as a teenager. Recreational drugs, underage drinking, vaping (which is what all the kids seem to be doing today) etc and when he's old enough to understand, I'll chat with him about it. However, I said my kid wouldn't carry a gun or ride a motorcycle on the wrong side of the road and without a helmet. I stand by that.

Most, if not all of the 'bad' stuff I did was completely harmless and not likely to result in the death of someone.

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Stands to reason that some Thai police actually trying to address a threat to public safety involving the breaking of the law would end badly.

Thai people generally don't really want the law to be enforced unless they are directly a victim of a crime.

There's truth in that comment. Many of us who have outer circle Thai families will be well aware of this.

Many time my Thai son has had conversations on this point with his Thai wive's brothers and sisters, all located in the depth of the upcountry areas, all very opinionationed and vocal. 

Simple example: Son's older sister in law has been stopped many times for going through red lights. She visits us and does a rant about 'cops fined her for going through red light'.

My son asks her 'did you drive through the red light?'

Her response 'yes, but I don't agree with having red lights because I do what I want, and nobody can tell me what to do'.

Son says 'But the red lights are to help prevent accidents', her response ' I don't care, nobody tells me what to do'. Etc., etc....

On 5/23/2022 at 10:26 AM, mikeymike100 said:

Do you think kicking the <deleted> out of kids solves the problem?, or makes it worse. The kids should definitely be punished but 

what you suggest is not the answer. We are supposed to be living in a civilized society after all!

"civilized society", are you serious bro? this is a "Big Boss" society, always has been, always will be.

11 hours ago, bfc1980 said:

However, I said my kid wouldn't carry a gun or ride a motorcycle on the wrong side of the road and without a helmet. I stand by that.

Lol

Of course you do.

And the parents whose kids "would" do those things.......... say the exact same thing! 

The simple fact is, most parents of rotten kids have no idea how rotten they are.............. until they get caught. And even then, when the truth starts to come out, they think it's a one-off, an aberration.

And sometimes it is.

But a lot of times its not! 

Because the simple fact is, at a fairly young age, it's a kid's peers who start shaping the kid's outlook and behavior, not their parents. And more often than not, it takes a very long time for parents to realize that they aren't the ones doing most of the shaping, any longer. 

--------------

Surely you've come across this scenario at least a couple of times, like I have........ 

A guy gets arrested. He gets tried and convicted. Three counts of murder, four counts of rape. The guy even finally admits he did these things! Sentenced to 30-years. His mother sits in the gallery through the whole trial; has heard all the evidence the jury has heard. 

Afterwards, the mother gets interviewed. She says, "I don't know why they are saying all these things about my boy. He's a good boy. He's a good boy at heart!" 

I always want to ask these women........... (and it's almost always the women, not the men)............... "Three murders, four rapes. He admitted this! So, what exactly would he have to do for you to ever consider him a BAD boy?" 

The point is............ 

Parents are usually terrible judges of what their kids will and will not do; of whether they are good kids or bad kids. 

I've seen it time and time again. Hell, when I was a kid, I taught kids how to not get caught---what to do, how to behave! ????????????

Cheers!

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

Last week I drove south of NongKhai.

I saw a new town with around 2 Million 875 thousand and 36 new residents.
All wearing a uniform.

The name of the newly created town: "Inactive Post" city of happiness where all your "poplems" go away.

18 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Why I ask are they NOT suspended until the investigation is finished, in-active means they still put on a Uniform, suspended they stay at home and wait . 

because that's how it works around here man. simples.

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

"civilized society", are you serious bro? this is a "Big Boss" society, always has been, always will be.

Whilst I would agree with to a point, I did say, we are "supposed" to be living in a civilized society, obviously we are not!

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I would agree with to a point, I did say, we are "supposed" to be living in a civilized society, obviously we are not!

"supposed" to be... wherever did you get that notion? I was under no such illusions before I first came here. I guess the backpackers I spoke to in Sydney before I left set me on the right track. then when I got here my first destination was Koh Samui which it a snakepit if there ever was one.

Edited by Lemsta69