2 policemen transferred for allegedly assaulting 3 youths in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

1 minute ago, rwill said:

I guess they didn't have any money to pay the on the spot fine.

Nothing wrong with moving them to an inactive post as long is it is done temporarily while they investigate the incident.

But we know this most likely will not happen.  Then in a couple weeks time they will be back on the job.

Yes, plenty of bike punks to be getting on with!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Two police officers in Nakhon Pathom province were transferred to “inactive posts” Friday at the operations centre of Nakhon Pathom provincial police office

Let the whole saga pas by and be reinstated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarcB said:

In Europe they'll lose their jobs, and income.

They'll have to pay a fine and ho to jail.

Here in Thailand... they get a lovely desk job

<deleted>

And the morons found to be driving on the wrong side of the road, as these were, would have been suitably punished if in Europe. Perhaps the police officers  decided that the only way to teach these illegal bikers road manners and to ride legally is to kick the s**t out of them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Just now, hotchilli said:

Not sure about that, most civil servants manage to do it.

Probably more lucrative for police to be out on the streets, but there is some opportunity in the station as they do the deals in there, one for you, two for me etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well little opportunity to take money behind a desk so they lose income too!

Ah well, it's ok then.

My mistake to expect harsher punishments for corrupted cops

Just now, MarcB said:

Wow, i hope you're not a police officer, nor a father.

Guess you should clean up your Honda Wave with those multi coloured bicycle wheels this morning and have a few drinks with your schoolboy friends later ????

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, bfc1980 said:

If it was my kid riding a scooter on the wrong side of the road (no doubt without a helmet as well) and carrying a gun, I'd kick the sh!t out of him as well instead of filing a complaint. But maybe that's exactly why my kid wouldn't do that. 

I agree with that.

Doesnt hive coppers the right though.

Still, 2 kids didnt have a gun.

Still, up to the parents and proper procedures of law

A post with a derogatory trolling comment toward Thailand has been removed as well as the replies:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Actually they were running TO the police to get help because they were being chased by a rival gang and felt their lives were in danger. Even in Europe, it would be ok once you explain.

And they victims of another gang also called ROYAL Thai police ???? .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well little opportunity to take money behind a desk so they lose income too!

I know somebody who resigned from the police and she told me that everybody in the office get weekly envelopes, it is not only for those who collect it, they share.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tandor said:

...maybe send them to the Academy to teach how to stamp out firearms and anti-social behaviour.

Not so sure about that.

From many incidents one might suspect they are either not taught this subject or are taught policies, appraoches. procedures, actions which are actually anti-social.

15 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

The kids made  a traffic violation and should be fined accordingly. The police officers should be fired and jailed after going to court. The yought should sue them. I don't like punks but I'm disgusted with the behavior of the Thai police on a daily base. No day goes by that they did not F... somewhere big time. they are a disgrace for the country. I have no problems to put gang members in boot camps for reeducation but that should decide by a judge and not the police.

Well said sir!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Actually they were running TO the police to get help because they were being chased by a rival gang and felt their lives were in danger. Even in Europe, it would be ok once you explain.

Which part of this partial quote from the posted article couldn't you understand but would rather attempt to justify their actions with a bit of imagination ?

"A motorcycle headed towards them, travelling in the wrong lane, and it was stopped by the two policemen.

The bike’s driver and two pillion passengers were searched and a pistol was found on one of them.