Mask chat

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And in another OP now running Thai people believe wearing a mask is the right thing to do, so why not foreigners.

Foreigners from countries where masks are no longer worn (most of them?) can be forgiven for treating Thais' lack of confidence in removing their masks with some disdain!

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Foreigners from countries where masks are no longer worn (most of them?) can be forgiven for treating Thais' lack of confidence in removing their masks with some disdain!

"When in Rome............................."

I saw that Monkeypox can apparently be spread by droplets from coughs, so perhaps masks in crowded, indoor areas may continue to be required.

Masks outdoors was always a nonesense measure, whatever pandemic is in fashion.

20 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Do you require a law, with a policeman standing by to enforce it, to get you to do the right thing?

Thailand has asked you to wear a mask. It has even made not wearing one punishable by fine. You want to live within the Thai community, but you refuse to adhere to community standards. That's not your humble opinion... that's demanding entitlement.

I follow the locals lead, (except helmets) and many where I live, don't wear masks, possibly even outnumbering those that do wear a mask 'properly'.  If 'properly' is emphasised, then yea, definitely outnumbered.

So I fit right in, with the 'local Thai community'.  Your experience may differ.

And no, I don't require a law to use common sense.  Helmets a fine example, along with DUI laws.

You should probably reread my replies, before replying to me.  I was simply pointing out to a poster, there is no law.  Had nothing to do if or when I think a mask is appropriate, which I did state earlier.

You must have missed that.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

On 5/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, bert bloggs said:

Misterworldwide

So you dont obay the rules of the country you abide in,so i take it that any immigrants to your home country who do not abide by the rules have your full support?

My home country, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists to me. I have no affinity towards it, and I care not about what does or does not go on there. Any immigrants there who dislike the rules there have my full support.

• Sad 1

On 5/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, transam said:

A question for Mr.Worldwide. If the Thai Gov. said any farang not wearing a mask when near others will be deported, would you still go down your route..?

Now be honest....????

Just to make you feel better, a know a farang married couple, one is a teacher, the other is a hanger-on.

Neither ever wear a mask nor have had any vax-jabs, they would rather risk the wrath of "whatever".....????

This means, whether a hospital, the school, Tesco's, never wear a mask..

Now I find this incredibly stupid as they have made LOS their home and workplace....???? 

K. Let's think about this logically. If Thailand was in the business of deporting people for not wearing masks, do you really think I would be living here, or would have I went to somewhere else in the region where I'm treated better?

1 hour ago, misterworldwide said:

K. Let's think about this logically. If Thailand was in the business of deporting people for not wearing masks, do you really think I would be living here, or would have I went to somewhere else in the region where I'm treated better?

But, the Thai Gov. could install that rule tomorrow, that's the way it is here, so keep your suitcases on standby, eh....????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, misterworldwide said:

Silly hypothetical situation are not logical. 

Deporting ????  ... except for PR stunt, not 1 person has been reported to even been fined for not wearing a mask, that I know or read about ... any where, any time.

If I never visited or lived in Thailand, and the requirement to live in Thailand was to wear a mask outside of the house, would I move to Thailand ?

This country is especially stupid as you are mandated to wear a mask on a beach, on a motorbike, in a public park etc where covid doesn't spread, but the minute you step foot into a very crowded bar or restaurant (where covid does spread) you are legally able to remove the mask.   I can only presume anyone who supports this nonsense either has invested money into mask factories or is a few slices short of a sandwich.    

If you want to signal your virtue to others and show how heroic you are, then go and buy a cape to wear, it is just as effective as outdoor mask wearing.    

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced and unsubstantiated claim removed